PayPal Premium Member Payment

koter84

Hi All,

I payed for the Premium Membership by sending a payment from my PayPal-account to paypal@geocaching.com

What's the estimate on waiting time before being processed?

thanx in advance

Koter84

the code to enter should be on the receipt you got from paypal

Hi All,

I payed for the Premium Membership by sending a payment from my PayPal-account to paypal@geocaching.com

What's the estimate on waiting time before being processed?

thanx in advance

Koter84

[sCAM MODE ON] Sometimes the transaction gets stuck on the Internet in what is known as a "digital logjam". If you will Paypal me $145,000 (my usual fee for clearing such logjams) by 7 PM today along with the secret codeword "WJY77U91", I can get this logjam cleared up right away. And, if you are in the market for a bridge, I have a nice one in Brooklyn, NY that I am selling! [sCAM MODE OFF]

:D:D

:D:D

Thanx for all information, but i did not pay using geocqaching.com but i payed from payapl.

Since using gc.com only makes it possible to pay by paypal-creditcard.

In my PayPal-account the order still says that it is not picked up

greetz

Koter84

Thanx for all information, but i did not pay using geocqaching.com but i payed from payapl.

Since using gc.com only makes it possible to pay by paypal-creditcard.

In my PayPal-account the order still says that it is not picked up

greetz

Koter84

I would cancel the transaction and do it the way the Premium Membership page tells you to do. If you use the Paypal buttons, it won't be via credit card--that's a separate way of paying. If you use the paypal option, you'll get a response within a few minutes which includes the activation code (beginning with S-) that you can enter on the same page.

Problem is i don't have an credit card, i do have sufficient money on my paypal-account, but when i try to pay to GC.com via the website i have to give paypal my credit card information to continue.

since i don't have a CC i can't give the information and therefore i cannot register.

by searching the forums i found that mailing the money to paypal@geocaching.com should do the trick, but apparently this isn't the case.

Is there anyone who could give me instructions on how to pay with paypal without a credit card?

I'm not sure I can help but I may be able to clarify the OP's situation.

From the last post, it looks like the OP was using one of the Paypal links for an upgrade and not going through the Groundspeak Store which is used only for direct credit card puchases (i.e. not credit card via Paypal).

I presume, since the OP doesn't have a CC, they don't have one listed on their Paypal account as a backup for instant payments. I know that every recent purchase I've paid for with Paypal (including my subscription here) that has been funded from my bank account has a CC listed as a second payment source in case there's a delay in the bank transfer. I'm not sure if this is also done when the funds are in a Paypal account since my account is usually dry. I think this is where the OP is running into problems using the link to Paypal from the geocaching.com/subscribe page.

The only think I can think of is to make sure that the funds are coming from your Paypal account rather than a bank transfer. There should be a link near the bottom of the page for more payment/funding options. I don't know which option is the default.

Sorry I can't help more than this.

Joe

Just wondering - PayPal buttons on the Premium subscription page all seem to assume one either has or will register to a PayPal account. PayPal would accept also purchases without an account, but is that possible at all for extending the premium membership?

Joe describes my problem very well.

I indeed get to a page where i need to add a CC to my account even though i have enough balance on my account. Apparently you cannot subscribe C.com without a backup-CC.

Now i am looking for a way to pay using PayPal without using the standard "Get Premium Membership"-page from GC.com.

I read on this forum about people paying the way i want to do it, but the payment does not get accepted by paypal@geocaching.com. Is there anyone who payed like this? Please tell me how you did this and to which email-address you send the money.

thanx

Joe describes my problem very well.

I indeed get to a page where i need to add a CC to my account even though i have enough balance on my account. Apparently you cannot subscribe C.com without a backup-CC.

Now i am looking for a way to pay using PayPal without using the standard "Get Premium Membership"-page from GC.com.

I read on this forum about people paying the way i want to do it, but the payment does not get accepted by paypal@geocaching.com. Is there anyone who payed like this? Please tell me how you did this and to which email-address you send the money.

thanx

Maybe its changed but I was thinking you could change the payment to 'alternate' on paypal, and for the alternate use a bank acout... :(

I think part of the problem is that your outside the US... (your in the Neatherlands right?)

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=111744

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=94480

Welch,

Thanx for the information, i will summarize it here for people who come to this thread.

paying per paypal:

login to your paypal account.

send 30$ via e-mail to paypal@Groundspeak.com

set subject to: Groundspeak Premium Member

enter text: xxxxxx - your gc-id (whereas xxxxx should be GSPRENEW for a one year renewing membership or GSNORENEW for a one year non renewing membership.

you will receive an e-mail by paypal that everything is paid.

lay back and wait for Groundspeak's subscription mail.

this way it should be possible to pay without CC, the thing i did wrong was the email address, this is not paypal@geocaching.com but paypal@Groundspeak.com

I hope this helps other people who want to pay from The Netherlands or somewhere else where CC's aren't very common.

Thanx to all for helping me figure this out!