best geocaching podcast

sacred6

Here's a BRAND NEW one, about to get off the ground. It's going to be run by a couple local cachers.

http://www.cacheamaniacs.com

Our second episode (first interview) was posted to the site and feed this morning. This interview with Rattrak and The Pink Rat is likely the longest you'll hear from the Cache-A-Maniacs at about an hour, but we had a blast chatting with them and hope you'll enjoy listening to them.

Here's a BRAND NEW one, about to get off the ground. It's going to be run by a couple local cachers.

Our second episode (first interview) was posted to the site and feed this morning. This interview with Rattrak and The Pink Rat is likely the longest you'll hear from the Cache-A-Maniacs at about an hour, but we had a blast chatting with them and hope you'll enjoy listening to them.

I sure will! :DB)

I just finished listing to the first interview, well done! I think I will enjoy listening to Cache-A-Maniacs, as much as I enjoy Podcacher.

Thanks

Jim

Kc8bdr

What's a Pod cast?

mrsr71

Well, of course you're familiar with e-mail . . . texting to one another over the internet?

Then came BLOGS or Web Logs. Somebody putting text entries up about, well, about anything. Some are a daily diary of anything from their baby's day to their college day; they may be political watchdogs, etc.

Well, anyone from amateur recording artists to professionals record, in audio format, well, whatever they're interested in. Podcachers.com is a husband and wife team that record 'stuff' about geocaching in MP3 format and post it to the web. You can sign up to have new 'podcasts' e-mailed to you or you can go to their website and download broadcasts. They cover introduction to geocaching, camoflauge, recording your own podcache (your geocache with an MP3 file that has to be downloaded to follow audio clues), interviews with other geocachers, etc. Download the shows in MP3 format, burn them to CD to listen to in your car on portable CD player, move them to your iPod, Zune or Palm and listen to them on the go. Best of all . . . IT'S FREE!

I just started listening to them and find them enjoyable to listen to. Haven't tried any of the others yet . . . not enought time! [:D]

JohnTee

Edited by JohnTee

What's a Pod cast?

mrsr71

Well, of course you're familiar with e-mail . . . texting to one another over the internet?

Then came BLOGS or Web Logs. Somebody putting text entries up about, well, about anything. Some are a daily diary of anything from their baby's day to their college day; they may be political watchdogs, etc.

Well, anyone from amateur recording artists to professionals record, in audio format, well, whatever they're interested in. Podcachers.com is a husband and wife team that record 'stuff' about geocaching in MP3 format and post it to the web. You can sign up to have new 'podcasts' e-mailed to you or you can go to their website and download broadcasts. They cover introduction to geocaching, camoflauge, recording your own podcache (your geocache with an MP3 file that has to be downloaded to follow audio clues), interviews with other geocachers, etc. Download the shows in MP3 format, burn them to CD to listen to in your car on portable CD player, move them to your iPod, Zune or Palm and listen to them on the go. Best of all . . . IT'S FREE!

I just started listening to them and find them enjoyable to listen to. Haven't tried any of the others yet . . . not enought time! [:D]

JohnTee

JohnTee,

Thank you for the very informative reply. I will check it out immediately :D

mrsr71

Just a suggestion - can someone list all 4? I am aware of 2-3, but don't have links to them - I just know of podcacher (http://www.podcacher.com) - what are the other ones?

I don't know about the "4" mentioned but here are the ones I listen too.

Podcacher

Cache-A-Maniacs

Cachers of the Round Table

Geocaching Podcast

Icenrye's Geocaching Videozine

Personally, I enjoy Cacher of the Round Table the best.

Craig

C&S 143