Username questions?

cachenut06

On another unrelated site I frequent, users have the ability to change the capitalization of their names. I could change my name and become ePETerSo2 or ePeteRsO2 or ePEtERSo2 or epetersO2, just for fun. But I could never be ePeterso1 or ePeterso22. This works because all of the player-name searches are case insensitive, just as they seem to be here when doing a username lookup.

However, that works only because there is also a player ID number that's fixed and acts as a key to the player table. I don't know how the database here is structured, but if your user name is the primary key (instead of some invisible internal number), then allowing capitalization changes might be impractical or impossible.

I was wondering if it would be possible to "reformat" my username. I didnt do a capital C when i created my username, and i was wondering if it can be changed without creating a whole new profile. If i have to recreate a new profile, ill just let it go.

well with only 51 caches you could create a new profile and relog everything, however you've already nixed that idea and i'd have to agree that that seems pretty tiresome to me and what is wrong with everything lowercase you could make that your signature thing.