free travel bug

dale hollow lake

the Ground speak unite for diabetes, which I signed up for free on this site arrived today its worth taking the time to send for it, I would encourage those enjoying the site and hobby go for it. Im to new to understand a travel bug but Im sure I wll put this in the first cache I hide.

Im sure you have all seen the sign up for this free travel bug on the opening page

Im to new to understand a travel bug but Im sure I wll put this in the first cache I hide.

Just keep in mind, that when you signed up for this special TB, they requested that you place it within three weeks of receiving it.

No I missed that part about placing it with-in 3 weeks but Ill take care of doing that, glad you called it to my attention. ill try and do my "research this week end to get it placed proeprly"

the Ground speak unite for diabetes, which I signed up for free on this site arrived today its worth taking the time to send for it, I would encourage those enjoying the site and hobby go for it. Im to new to understand a travel bug but Im sure I wll put this in the first cache I hide.

Im sure you have all seen the sign up for this free travel bug on the opening page

I also signed up for a unite for diabetes travel bug and recieved it today. Can anyone tell me how to register it under its number and my name I cant seem to find where to get started with this

I also signed up for a unite for diabetes travel bug and recieved it today. Can anyone tell me how to register it under its number and my name I cant seem to find where to get started with this

It's actually activated under an account already. I just grabbed it like I would on a bug I found in a cache.

It's actually activated under an account already. I just grabbed it like I would on a bug I found in a cache.

so for sake of not missing something in the rules to follow, if a new bee is hiding his first cache placing this travel bug in it. what do we need to do to make sure the ground speak unite for diabetes guidelines are followed.

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but it's 2 weeks folks.

"By completing the information request below, I hereby agree to place a Unite for Diabetes Travel Bug into a geocache within 2 weeks of its receipt by me. I understand that by submitting this form, I am not guaranteed to receive a Unite for Diabetes Travel Bug."

Hold any bug for two weeks and your profile will be tagged.

Edited by BlueDeuce

My account will be tagged? For what? And how exactly do they know exactly how long you have had to diabetes bug?

Well, I held on to mine over two weeks due to illness and on my bug inventory list is showed an asterisk by the bug name and at the bottom of the page it had a statement to the effect that the bug had been held for more that 14 days, please move it on, blah blah blah. After I felt better I left it go. Other than the statement in the bug inventory nothing with my account changed.

My account will be tagged? For what? And how exactly do they know exactly how long you have had to diabetes bug?

Well, I held on to mine over two weeks due to illness and on my bug inventory list is showed an asterisk by the bug name and at the bottom of the page it had a statement to the effect that the bug had been held for more that 14 days, please move it on, blah blah blah. After I felt better I left it go. Other than the statement in the bug inventory nothing with my account changed.

There are people who see this asterisk, frown and shake their heads. It's not a list you want to be on.

Try and place bugs within two weeks, please.

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but it's 2 weeks folks.

"By completing the information request below, I hereby agree to place a Unite for Diabetes Travel Bug into a geocache within 2 weeks of its receipt by me. I understand that by submitting this form, I am not guaranteed to receive a Unite for Diabetes Travel Bug."

Hold any bug for two weeks and your profile will be tagged.

I certainly understand the reason behind wanting the bug replaced in a few weeks, not a problem, do travel bugs get placed in existing cache's is that permissible or they designed for just new ones?

We have some cache's around us that aren't searched for months at a time so the bug is going to be dormant a long time.

another quick question when there is a theme involved in a travel bug, do you put a note with your travel bug if you leave it in someone else's cache where you most like to see this bug head to.

if it only goes to a new cache then this is a mute point thanks