The Nevada Thread

Jeepstr

And as a San Diego representative, I can attest that it is not Jodi's fault :P:P, she is a darlin girl with only pure caching fun on her mind . Hope to see you guys up in Tahoe next weekend, even John :anibad:

I've been caching with John! Jodi, you poor, poor woman! :P I think we only cached for 3-4 hours and I was exhausted! I can hear it now!

John:

"Talk to me, where are we going? You didn't tell me to turn!"

Holly:

"Yes, I did, way before we got there"

John:

"Noooo, now we have to turn back"

*Get's out of car at destination, John runs off, looking back at the bewildered and otherwise slow LostinReno and shouts*

"Hurry up, we're burning daylight!!!"

:P;):P:(;)

And as a San Diego representative, I can attest that it is not Jodi's fault :D:D , she is a darlin girl with only pure caching fun on her mind . Hope to see you guys up in Tahoe next weekend, even John :)

I've been caching with John! Jodi, you poor, poor woman! :D I think we only cached for 3-4 hours and I was exhausted! I can hear it now!

John:

Holly:

John:

*Get's out of car at destination, John runs off, looking back at the bewildered and otherwise slow LostinReno and shouts*

:D:D:D:D:D

:):D:D Oh my Gosh...you can feel my pain!!! That is so funny! I thought he only did that to me! What is the common denominator here? John! So I am normal and it's all him! Thanks for confirming that Holly! r/ jodi

And as a San Diego representative, I can attest that it is not Jodi's fault :D:D , she is a darlin girl with only pure caching fun on her mind . Hope to see you guys up in Tahoe next weekend, even John :D

I've been caching with John! Jodi, you poor, poor woman! :D I think we only cached for 3-4 hours and I was exhausted! I can hear it now!

John:

Holly:

John:

:D:D:):):D

:D:D:D Oh my Gosh...you can feel my pain!!! That is so funny! I thought he only did that to me! What is the common denominator here? John! So I am normal and it's all him! Thanks for confirming that Holly! r/ jodi

I think John needs some duck tape.

ducktape.jpg

And as a San Diego representative, I can attest that it is not Jodi's fault :D:D , she is a darlin girl with only pure caching fun on her mind . Hope to see you guys up in Tahoe next weekend, even John :rolleyes:

I've been caching with John! Jodi, you poor, poor woman! :blink: I think we only cached for 3-4 hours and I was exhausted! I can hear it now!

John:

Holly:

John:

B):DB):DB)

:D:DB) Oh my Gosh...you can feel my pain!!! That is so funny! I thought he only did that to me! What is the common denominator here? John! So I am normal and it's all him! Thanks for confirming that Holly! r/ jodi

ducktape.jpg

:D;):D;)

And as a San Diego representative, I can attest that it is not Jodi's fault :D:D , she is a darlin girl with only pure caching fun on her mind . Hope to see you guys up in Tahoe next weekend, even John :anitongue:

I've been caching with John! Jodi, you poor, poor woman! :rolleyes: I think we only cached for 3-4 hours and I was exhausted! I can hear it now!

John:

Holly:

John:

:huh:;););):P

:rolleyes:<_<:huh: Oh my Gosh...you can feel my pain!!! That is so funny! I thought he only did that to me! What is the common denominator here? John! So I am normal and it's all him! Thanks for confirming that Holly! r/ jodi

ducktape.jpg

:)B):D:anitongue:

Are you saying john is a big kid27.gif come on you guys baby-14.gif and be nice. I think john rocksa1038.gif

Oh don't get us wrong, John is totally cool - just a touch more... energetic than we're used too around here. We're laid back, easy going, let caches go unfound for a day or so...

I loved it when we were all together on the tour through Churchill County and byjer was talking with geospyder and taking his time getting back to the truck - John pulls up next to him in the FJ and shouts "WE'RE BURNING DAYLIGHT, LET"S MOVE!"

That had to have been the funniest moment all day - course seeing the big grin on John's face made it even more hysterical!

Hello Everyone.....My husband and I went out for our first journey ...of geocaching......we took the plunge yesterday and bought a Garmin Vista CX... we could have gotten it cheaper if we would have ordered on line but ....like little kids... couldn't wait...today was our 6th wedding anniversary and we wanted to make it special.....we were able to find 6 caches today and 1 couldn't find.... :blink: but now we are hooked .......we live just outside of Reno in Fernley......Just found this website....last week and had never heard of geocaching until our son told us about 2 weeks ago....

Welcome to the sport!!

Good job on finding the 6, which one did you not find? Some are clever enough that a DNF (did not find) is expected until you take a couple stabs at it.

If you have any questions or need help with anything caching, just post here and we'll get you an answer.

And happy anniversary, you two!!

Welcome to the sport!!

Good job on finding the 6, which one did you not find? Some are clever enough that a DNF (did not find) is expected until you take a couple stabs at it.

If you have any questions or need help with anything caching, just post here and we'll get you an answer.

And happy anniversary, you two!!

We coudn't find the gooseneck.... We went to Carson City today for my son to try out for the WNCC Wildcats. He didn't want us to watch so we went and picked up 3 while we were waiting and one on the way home. WE are taking a quick break and heading out again.... This can be really addicting :ph34r: Hopefully we don't get burned out too soon..........

We coudn't find the gooseneck.... We went to Carson City today for my son to try out for the WNCC Wildcats. He didn't want us to watch so we went and picked up 3 while we were waiting and one on the way home. WE are taking a quick break and heading out again.... This can be really addicting :ph34r: Hopefully we don't get burned out too soon..........

Oh ho! Don't feel bad about DNFing The Gooseneck - it's very cleverly done. Mamma Gravy and I were only able to spot it because there's just something slightly off about the board. The clue tells you what to do, think about the motion required by the hint and see if you can find something that would move in that way. Hope that helps!

I saw you picked up ICN2U - that's my Dad's cache. He always get's excited when someone finds it as it's one of the few ammo cans in town, the rest are micros or small containers.

It's hard to get burned out on caching - as long as you vary which caches you go after. Finding only one persons hides get's repetitive (depending on the hider). But, if you move around enough, each cache is it's own unique work of art, a different style, a different twist, a clever trick to hiding it.

And yes - it is EXTREMELY addicting!!

Oh ho! Don't feel bad about DNFing The Gooseneck - it's very cleverly done. Mamma Gravy and I were only able to spot it because there's just something slightly off about the board. The clue tells you what to do, think about the motion required by the hint and see if you can find something that would move in that way. Hope that helps!

I saw you picked up ICN2U - that's my Dad's cache. He always get's excited when someone finds it as it's one of the few ammo cans in town, the rest are micros or small containers.

It's hard to get burned out on caching - as long as you vary which caches you go after. Finding only one persons hides get's repetitive (depending on the hider). But, if you move around enough, each cache is it's own unique work of art, a different style, a different twist, a clever trick to hiding it.

And yes - it is EXTREMELY addicting!!

Ok so I think I might have an idea on the gooseneck....Gonna have to be nice to hubby so he will take me out again...he gave up....we got stumped twice yesterday in Wadsworth...but we will try it again after reading all the logs...Your dad's cache was pretty cool...my husband looked at it but didn't think it would be there it is very deceiving...

WOO HOO!!! We found the gooseneck so third time is a charm thanks for the clue Nitro and Nevada Wolf we were focusing on that there bored.....That was so fantastic....I wish I were retired already so I could go out every day....now will have to go back to wadsworth and try those again.....do you know anything about the nevadageocaching site...my husband and I both signed up day before yesterday and we haven't received a e-mail yet....so is this Nevada thread going to be the home of the northern nevadans....

WOO HOO!!! We found the gooseneck so third time is a charm thanks for the clue Nitro and Nevada Wolf we were focusing on that there bored.....That was so fantastic....I wish I were retired already so I could go out every day....now will have to go back to wadsworth and try those again.....do you know anything about the nevadageocaching site...my husband and I both signed up day before yesterday and we haven't received a e-mail yet....so is this Nevada thread going to be the home of the northern nevadans....

Congrats on Gooseneck - told you it was tricky, especially for newbies! You done good! :rolleyes:

Which ones in Wadsworth? There's a cacher named byjer who is devilish in his hides, get anywhere near Pyramid and you will run into his.

MooseMob (moderator both here and on NGA) should be able to help you out with that email - check any Spam filters you have as the email may have been sent there. If you still can't find it - try this -- HEY MOOSEMOB - NEED SOME NGA HELP FOR HISGRACE1 and then watch as NevadaWolf runs for her little life. :rolleyes:

There are now three "groups" for conversation - this one (Groundspeak) is the least used, but good for getting ahold of the few of us who post here - and a lot of the San Diego cachers for some odd reason... :rolleyes:

NGA, though primarily Southern Nevada, has recently (this year) had a surge in Northern Nevada members. It's a link, sort of, between South and North, and the ones who frequent here are also on NGA (with only a few San Diego cachers having made it to NGA).

The immediate area (Say from Gerlach, to Fernley, to Fallon, and down to Topaz) has the Great Basin and Eastern Sierra Geocachers (http://www.gbesgeo.org) and that email group is on Yahoo (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GBESGeocachers/). While a lot of locals (and some Californians from all over the state) are members of GBES, the emails are rather quiet on that end.

Eastern Nevada - to the best of my knowledge - doesn't have a "group' nor do they have a regular online pressence. I think the cachers on that side of the state are scattered. But hopefully I can draw them out in October with the StateWide Meet&Greet I'm going to hold.

If you have the time and interest, I'd suggest becoming members of all three - gives you a well rounded picture of what's going on where.

:rolleyes: Welcome to the fun! Glad you stuck it out and found gooseneck. Yes watch out for byger's hides near Wadsworth, he can be mean! We are one of the San Diego cachers (there are others like Don Coyote) that watch this forum and the NGA site. My input is to do both. We have joined the GBES, but don't do the Yahoo group thing. :rolleyes: Oh yea, don't trust that MooseMob fella. Well trust, but verify! :rolleyes:

Oh yea, don't trust that MooseMob fella. Well trust, but verify! :rolleyes:

Now John, hisgrace1 is new - be nice. Just cause you two ended up having a prank pulled on ya, doesn't mean MM isn't a perfect gentleman to everyone else.

Course, I know the guy - so I know better! :rolleyes:

I'm really asking for trouble this weekend, I just know it... :rolleyes:

To quote someone else "Never piss off a geocacher - we know all the good places to hide the body." And Lake Tahoe is rumored to hold a bunch....

Welcome to the obsession!

Go to the NevadaGeocaching site and try again. The 24 hr wait time exprired and your request vanished.

After you try again, check your junk mail filters just in case it goes there. Then send me a note and I can check from the other end.

Are you going to any of the events in Carson/Tahoe this weekend? There are 4 of them.

I doubt if we will go to any of the events this week-end we are pretty new and want to work around here for awhile before we run the race with all you pros.....Ok so today we go back to Wadsworth after spending 8 hours dealing with 15 needy teenagers I talk to hubby when he comes home from work (Reno) if we can go try the two in Wadsworth again Give a man a "GHOTI"- corollary 1 to "OFF agin" and "Stuck on you" pt. 8, Wadsworth, Nv. We spent 1 hour on that crazy bridge with no luck ... boy are we stubborn and hate to admit defeat :) we finally gave up and went to the other site... but no luck either :) so we went to all about numbers :) and decided to call it quits for the night....I'm more tired from that bridge than the teens all day.....that byjer guy is extremely clever Hats off to him..did get signed up on the nevadacaching.com....thanks for all the help

Edited by hisgrace1
I doubt if we will go to any of the events this week-end we are pretty new and want to work around here for awhile before we run the race with all you pros.....Ok so today we go back to Wadsworth after spending 8 hours dealing with 15 needy teenagers I talk to hubby when he comes home from work (Reno) if we can go try the two in Wadsworth again Give a man a "GHOTI"- corollary 1 to "OFF agin" and "Stuck on you" pt. 8, Wadsworth, Nv. We spent 1 hour on that crazy bridge with no luck ... boy are we stubborn and hate to admit defeat :) we finally gave up and went to the other site... but no luck either :) so we went to all about numbers :) and decided to call it quits for the night....I'm more tired from that bridge than the teens all day.....that byjer guy is extremely clever Hats off to him..did get signed up on the nevadacaching.com....thanks for all the help

:) (This is Jodi:) You guys are starting off with Byjer caches??? are you nuts? he hides the most evil..I mean cleverly out of the way, in every nook and cranny caches there are. (He maintains them so they are probably still there), but heck..you should stick to easy caches first. Wow! Oh ya..welcome. I'm in San Diego. John is in Fallon.

I agree with Jodi, until you get some (a lot) of caches under your belt, Byjer isn't the best cacher to start with. He stumps "us pros" as you call us and he's been named a Machavellian Cacher for his evil hides.

Um, if you insist on trying his, 90% are small altoid breathmint tins with a super strong magnet on them. The rest are usually small containers than may or may not hold items. He does have a few ammo cans, but they are the exception.

His are easy to get extremely frustrated over - ANY help you need, please ask.

Of the events this weekend - while the Rally and ODL are all day things - I invite you to come to the White Hill event. All it is is a picnic lunch party on top of a hill - pure socializing and telling stories and hanging out with others who share this obession. No worries, no stress, no nothing except being around people who are at various stages in their caching careers - some who've been at it for years, others who started this year.

You will always be welcome to any event, please consider it.

Give a man a "GHOTI"- corollary 1 to "OFF agin" and "Stuck on you" pt. 8, Wadsworth, Nv. We spent 1 hour on that crazy bridge with no luck ... boy are we stubborn and hate to admit defeat :lol: we finally gave up and went to the other site... but no luck either B)so we went to all about numbers :) and decided to call it quits for the night....I'm more tired from that bridge than the teens all day.....that byjer guy is extremely clever Hats off to him..did get signed up on the nevadacaching.com....thanks for all the help

Welcome hisgrace1!!! Stuck on you pt.8 is a crazy one! If Ghoti is the one I am thinking of, I beleive that is one of Byjers "bigger" caches!

You should definately try to make it to the White Hill event, as NevadaWolf said, it is pretty mellow and most geocachers that have been around a while are more than willing to help you out on anything you need.

BTW, I found my very first cache one year ago today!!

We just started with the caches closet to our coordinates and started working out farther....Didn't think they could get any harder than the gooseneck that was a doozy also....so are all cache in the exact area the gps says they are in?...and just well hidden...or do you go to the gps sight and have to look farther away?..are they buried real deep?...or high in the sky?...We will continue to on... B)

Welcome to the obsession! Which forum is used the most? It comes in spurts. I'd say the NGA, this one and GBES in that order. Yes - please do come to the White Hill event this Sunday. It will be very laid back. Most events are meet and greet type events. The only event that is competitive is the GBES Rally.

To try to answer some of your questions:

"So are all cache in the exact area the gps says they are in?" Providing the person who hid it took good coordinates, the cache should be within a few feet. General rule of thumb - when you are within 30 feet, stop and give the area a good looking over. Most Nevadan caches, at least the regular ones, are usually under a pile of rocks or in a large sagebrush.

"Are they buried real deep?" In theory they are never buried - at least in the traditional sense. They may have a pile of rocks, twigs, leaves over them but never buried.

"...or high in the sky?" There are a few high in the sky B)

Well shucks, here I was going to answer and Spyder jumped in before me! How's the Jeep, Spyder??

so which forum do most of you northern nevadans use the most?

Northern Nevada is split between the three groups (NGA, GBES, and Groundspeak) GBES has the highest percentage of N. Nev, but there isn't much activity on it and lately it's just been a lot of announcements about the Rally. Though - when something big up here does happen with that group, they buzz for awhile, before settling back down. Here is a small percentage of N. Nev, but is more active than GBES. NGA is about the same percentage as here (cause it's the same people) an we talk all over the forums there. Don't just look in the Northern Nevada thread, that forum is active all across the board. Since you're here - keep posting here or jump over to NGA.

Didn't think they could get any harder than the gooseneck that was a doozy also.
Oh they will, there are some serious caches out there that take several trips to puzzle out. We have some wicked hiders around here. ::looks at geospyder::

...so are all cache in the exact area the gps says they are in?...and just well hidden...or do you go to the gps sight and have to look farther away?
GPS units all have varying levels of accuracy. Even if yours is dead on - the hiders may have been 15 feet off. Occastionally you'll luck out and stand right on it, but more often than not, follow Spyder's advice and once you get close (I usually wait till about 15-20 feet) stop and look for awhile. You'll start to see the piles of rocks/leaves/pinecones/sagebrush that nature never intended. Course, smalls/micros/nanos are a completely different approach. You get close and you start looking EVERYWHERE.

..are they buried real deep?
"Burying" a cache is against guidelines - though it all depends on whoevers interpretation of that word. You won't ever have to actually dig down into the ground to retrieve a cache. You may have to uncover it from rocks, a light coating of dirt, or reach down into a natural hole to get it. But a shovel won't ever be part of your caching equipment.

...or high in the sky?

Yep! Well, technically - High in the trees. B)

I will have to talk to hubby about White Hill...I've really been pushing it lately with this GPS stuff...He is a couch potato pretty much on his days off...but he has done a awesome job this past week-end...and the past two nights...we have been out everyday for hoursssssssssssssssssssss...since our anniversary...and the purchase of the GPS...he is the very quiet type person...not a people person like me...I guess that's why the saying opposites attract...is so true :D ....I will not give in to that BYJER guy we will get the hang of it :lol: ...It was almost to the point of having hubby hold my feet while I looked down that awful gaping hole by the 123 to see if I could see B) have to work the next two days swing so will give hubby a break then see what we can get into on Saturday...once we get the hang of things we will start hiding some ourselves....LOOK OUT BYJER :):D

I will have to talk to hubby about White Hill...I've really been pushing it lately with this GPS stuff...He is a couch potato pretty much on his days off...but he has done a awesome job this past week-end...and the past two nights...we have been out everyday for hoursssssssssssssssssssss...since our anniversary...and the purchase of the GPS...he is the very quiet type person...not a people person like me...

Hmmm, this sounds all too familiar!! :lol:

Cafe Press does make T-shirts that say Geocache Widow/Widower, been thinking about getting him one of those B)

I've been looking around at caches close to me and looking at the pictures....do you really have to climb trees..... <_<:D I just assumed your feet were on the ground the whole time.....

They can be anywhere, in trees, on bridges, in big Tufa Rock formations (thank you Geospyder :)) I think personally I've found only 3-4 where you actually had to climb onto the tree. There is one in Reno where you have to walk a plank about 4' over some very nasty water. I wouldn't do it, thats where you get suckers like NevadaWolf to do your dirty work :(

edited because I can't spell!

Edited by LostinReno

Ok so it's been a longggggggggggg time since I climbed a tree.... <_< I'm all up to a really good hunt been when it gets to the point where safety is concern thats not for me....gonna go out this week-end and tackle that darn bridge again...my husband is determined to find it and so am I as for the ghoti.....don't like getting poked by bushes... might just leave that one alone....

I've been looking around at caches close to me and looking at the pictures....do you really have to climb trees..... <_<:( I just assumed your feet were on the ground the whole time.....

Nope, your feet end up in various places. There are caches in trees, in rivers, in lakes. They can be anywhere - from easy to hard.

Ok so it's been a longggggggggggg time since I climbed a tree.... <_< I'm all up to a really good hunt been when it gets to the point where safety is concern thats not for me....gonna go out this week-end and tackle that darn bridge again...my husband is determined to find it and so am I as for the ghoti.....don't like getting poked by bushes... might just leave that one alone....

Nevada Wolf is going to haul us around Lake Tahoe on Saturday. The Jeep is full, but we could convoy around and find a bunch of caches. We promise to be (mostly) safe.

Nevada Wolf is going to haul us around Lake Tahoe on Saturday. The Jeep is full, but we could convoy around and find a bunch of caches. We promise to be (mostly) safe.

Not being a huge fan of heights or hanging off of things, this would be a good tag along trip for you hisgrace1. I've done a lot of the caches around the lake (most of them with NevadaWolf <_< ) and there is a great variety of caches up there. Especially a lot of different kinds of clever cammo jobs, it's amazing what some people come up with! And it is always fun to go in a group!

Gah, make it sound like I'm kidnapping you! Well I guess I am! <_<

Lost - I'm going to figure out how to get MM out on the PLANK! :(

Call me when you do it! Of course this weekend is going to be a little insane!

Hurm, any plans for Sunday after White Hill?

None yet, I was planning on dropping in to S.Shore and at least log that I was at the ODL event.

Hi Pirate Krew!

I'll be participating in the GBES 4X4 Rally on Friday and Saturday, I'll probably make it to South Shore on Sunday, at least that is my plan. NevadaWolf and MooseMob should be up there most of Saturday, they are always fun to cache with <_< . If your still around on Sunday, we can meet up. Are you aware of the White Hill event on Sunday?

Edited by LostinReno

Call me when you do it! Of course this weekend is going to be a little insane!

Hurm, any plans for Sunday after White Hill?

None yet, I was planning on dropping in to S.Shore and at least log that I was at the ODL event.

Hi Pirate Krew!

I'll be participating in the GBES 4X4 Rally on Friday and Saturday, I'll probably make it to South Shore on Sunday, at least that is my plan. NevadaWolf and MooseMob should be up there most of Saturday, they are always fun to cache with <_< . If your still around on Sunday, we can meet up. Are you aware of the White Hill event on Sunday?

Wish i had my suburban running that one would be fun as well. Dont think the honda would do all that well out in the hills. I would like to meet up with some of the people off of here.

No i am not sure what the White Hill event is.

Question.... Does anyone know what the general area this is held in? Is it all of South Tahoe or the localized area of Stateline?

Um, if you're talking ODL - according to habu! last year was from Cave Rock-ish to Emerald Bay to somewhere down 89. He said about a 15 mile radius. Not sure what this year looks like.

If you're talking White Hill - it's above the Forest Service Maintenance Station just south of the Hwy 50/28 junction at Spooner Summit.

Okies, dinner time.

Question.... Does anyone know what the general area this is held in? Is it all of South Tahoe or the localized area of Stateline?

Um, if you're talking ODL - according to habu! last year was from Cave Rock-ish to Emerald Bay to somewhere down 89. He said about a 15 mile radius. Not sure what this year looks like.

If you're talking White Hill - it's above the Forest Service Maintenance Station just south of the Hwy 50/28 junction at Spooner Summit.

Okies, dinner time.

Yup that was the one i was asking about! Sorry for not being clear <_< haha And thank you for the info! I am really looking forward to it.

:) Welcome to the fun! Glad you stuck it out and found gooseneck. Yes watch out for byger's hides near Wadsworth, he can be mean! We are one of the San Diego cachers (there are others like Don Coyote) that watch this forum and the NGA site. My input is to do both. We have joined the GBES, but don't do the Yahoo group thing. :) Oh yea, don't trust that MooseMob fella. Well trust, but verify! :)

I finally got some free time, I hate it when work interferes with real life. As one of the San Diego contingent, let me add my welcome to this madness.

On the subject of work, I was contacted by my boss about a position that is available in the organization. The great thing about this position is it would be a full-time telecommute position and I could transition to it within the next year. If I'm going to telecommute, I can do it from Spring Creek as easy as I can do it from Vista, CA. So its looks like "... and soon to be Spring Creek, NV" is getting closer.

On the subject of work, I was contacted by my boss about a position that is available in the organization. The great thing about this position is it would be a full-time telecommute position and I could transition to it within the next year. If I'm going to telecommute, I can do it from Spring Creek as easy as I can do it from Vista, CA. So its looks like "... and soon to be Spring Creek, NV" is getting closer.

Nice! I would love to find a job I could do primarily from home. And you will be closer to our events! :o

How's everyone doing tonight... Hubby and I went out this week-end and gathered 14 caches WOO HOO! one of them was SOY Pt.8.....Hubby din't want to go to it first thing in the morning....said it was too depressing...since we had already tried 2 times...but He found it within 15 minutes...awesome...so we went along I-80 most of the day...probably coud have caught more..but there is major railroad crews out working....So we went out after work today and caught 4 more....hanging horse was the last one and that was SCAREY....it was getting almost dark and we hadn't a clue how to get out of there for a minute almost got stuck...But Thank God we made it out...I kept visualizing spending the night...LOL.....gonna call it a night...

How's everyone doing tonight... Hubby and I went out this week-end and gathered 14 caches WOO HOO! one of them was SOY Pt.8.....Hubby din't want to go to it first thing in the morning....said it was too depressing...since we had already tried 2 times...but He found it within 15 minutes...awesome...so we went along I-80 most of the day...probably coud have caught more..but there is major railroad crews out working....So we went out after work today and caught 4 more....hanging horse was the last one and that was SCAREY....it was getting almost dark and we hadn't a clue how to get out of there for a minute almost got stuck...But Thank God we made it out...I kept visualizing spending the night...LOL.....gonna call it a night...

I was hoping to meet you folks at any of the 4 events that were happening this weekend. Perhaps you can make it to Tonopah in October? I hear rumors this event and it might go Mega.