The Nevada Thread

Jeepstr

Psst! There are a lot of Reno / Fallon / Cartoon City cachers on NevadaGeocaching.com. I think they took over the place. Wanna join the bug race?

:rolleyes: Ok then, help Mr. Moose Mob... I "applied" for an account on the nevadageocaching web site and it said to wait 24 hours and they would e mail me. welllllll it was early yesterday morning when I filled out their(your???) application and I still haven heard from them (it is now late afternoon).... This is starting to get frustrating for someone who doesn't have easy access to his personal e mail and yada yada yada, more complaining etc!.... Can you help??? :wub:

I don't see your name in there. You should get the e-mail within 24 hours, usually 2-3 hours would be excessive. But like I said, your name isn't in the queue.

And I don't run the NevadaGeocaching site, but I do have a couple elevated priveledges. (Enough to Ban rusty_tlc if he gets out of line again)

Edited by Moose Mob

Psst! There are a lot of Reno / Fallon / Cartoon City cachers on NevadaGeocaching.com. I think they took over the place. Wanna join the bug race?

:rolleyes: Ok then, help Mr. Moose Mob... I "applied" for an account on the nevadageocaching web site and it said to wait 24 hours and they would e mail me. welllllll it was early yesterday morning when I filled out their(your???) application and I still haven heard from them (it is now late afternoon).... This is starting to get frustrating for someone who doesn't have easy access to his personal e mail and yada yada yada, more complaining etc!.... Can you help??? :rolleyes:

I don't see your name in there. You should get the e-mail within 24 hours, usually 2-3 hours would be excessive. But like I said, your name isn't in the queue.

And I don't run the NevadaGeocaching site, but I do have a couple elevated priveledges. (Enough to Ban rusty_tlc if he gets out of line again)

:anibad: Ok, I'll try to apply again. I better not ramble on about keeping things simple...... :ph34r: Thanks for your assistance!

:anibad: I do have empty ammo cans for ya'll. :rolleyes:

If your giving them up, I'll take a couple off of your hands!

:ph34r: Yep, I'm giving them up and have plenty. I'll bring some Sat! :P

I'd like an ammo can John.

:rolleyes: Ok Dick, I'll have him put them in his suitcase when he comes home in March!!! How many ya want???? r/ jodi

Just kidding Jodi, I just wanted to mess with John. It's been awhile. I think I have 12 ammo cans in my garage right now.

:rolleyes: Ok then, help Mr. Moose Mob... I "applied" for an account on the nevadageocaching web site and it said to wait 24 hours and they would e mail me. welllllll it was early yesterday morning when I filled out their(your???) application and I still haven heard from them (it is now late afternoon).... This is starting to get frustrating for someone who doesn't have easy access to his personal e mail and yada yada yada, more complaining etc!.... Can you help??? :rolleyes:

:anibad: Ok, I'll try to apply again. I better not ramble on about keeping things simple...... :ph34r: Thanks for your assistance!

All fixed. I activated your account manually.

Thanks! And if you haven't heard it yet, listen to show 91: Challenging Cache Hunts! Sadly, I can't go caching on Saturday. So I think I'll try some Power caching on Friday.

Did you check out show 92 yet? It was interesting seeing how Sonny and Sandy put a show together. Also check out the Flickr set, there is a picture of the studio audience, such as it was, with a humble coyote in the back row.

Did you check out show 92 yet? It was interesting seeing how Sonny and Sandy put a show together. Also check out the Flickr set, there is a picture of the studio audience, such as it was, with a humble coyote in the back row.

Which picture? The only shots I see are mass people shots and the back row is blurry. Where are you and in which shot?

I like the forum discussion going on, someone caught a picture Sonny in his batgear and he just happened to take a picture at the same time, catching the photographer.

Byjer is at Who concert tonight but I left him a message that you guys are meeting at "Coverup" at 10am tomorrow. IF he gets the message and IF he is in condition to go, you guys might have a guided tour of Pyramid since he placed 99 percent of the caches out there. I'd love to go since I placed the other 1 percent ;-) but I have other commitments ;-(

Don't forget to get your one day permit. The tribal police are not too forgiving if they catch you without a permit. Have fun. Oh - while you are out there stop in at the museum in Nixon to see if Ralph is there. He can answer the clues to Paiute Puzzle (GC10XD3) located here in Reno/Sparks plus there is a cache just outside the door of the museum.

Edited by geospyder

Byjer is at Who concert tonight

So is Holly (LostInReno)

IF he gets the message and IF he is in condition to go, you guys might have a guided tour of Pyramid since he placed 99 percent of the caches out there. I'd love to go since I placed the other 1 percent ;-) but I have other commitments ;-(

OK, now it's official -- You All Suck!

:rolleyes:

And yeah, you too Spyder! (since you ditched Bea, Michelle, and I to go caching with Jerry) :rolleyes:

>grumbles as she get's ready to hang out with Mom on her birthday<

Which picture? The only shots I see are mass people shots and the back row is blurry. Where are you and in which shot?

I like the forum discussion going on, someone caught a picture Sonny in his batgear and he just happened to take a picture at the same time, catching the photographer.

IMG_5112 from the Flickr set for show 92. Since there are only six people in the shot, it shouldn't be hard to spot the coyote.

IMG_5112 from the Flickr set for show 92. Since there are only six people in the shot, it shouldn't be hard to spot the coyote.

Ah, now see I was looking at the slideshow that doesn't include the caption unless you click on the picture - which my computer has an issue with.

I didn't realize if you don't go through the slideshow, there are captions underneath.

Cool!! ;) Wonderful to virtually meet you! (And yeah, it was easy to spot you, nice jersey ;) ). And I've indirectly met vaccine (did his Elv. 6555 up here at Cave Rock), really really impression with that cache as it was a marvelous location.

Hopefully one of these days I can get down there to meet in reality some of the people I keep bumping into online/through logs.

OK, now it's official -- You All Suck!

And yeah, you too Spyder! (since you ditched Bea, Michelle, and I to go caching with Jerry)

>grumbles as she get's ready to hang out with Mom on her birthday<

OK Teri - now I'll rub it in harder. Jerry will be there at ten and so will I ;)

I'm giving up my training for the Senior Games to go Geocaching ;)

Where are your priorities? Birthday with Mom or Geocaching ;)

OK Teri - now I'll rub it in harder. Jerry will be there at ten and so will I ;)

I'm giving up my training for the Senior Games to go Geocaching ;)

Where are your priorities? Birthday with Mom or Geocaching ;)

Any other day, Jim, ANY other day! I rarely get the chance to just hang out with my mom, usually once or twice a year, and I already ditched her once while I was at SquirrelHaven.

But you know, this is just demanding that I use one of my nano's and place it in your honor. I'll have to check out the entrance to your neighborhood and see if I can put a 5 star right in your driveway. B)

Have fun you guys, and we are SO planning another one of these trips once byjer or spyder put out more. Since you're getting the royal treatment, you can then show me all the secret tips and tricks.

:laughing: I had a great time this past weekend. We forgot to distribute the ammo cans though... Amazing how well you can cache with a guided tour with two tour guides (geospyder and byjer!) altered7151, it was great to meet you. cookie&faith, byjer and geospyder it was great to see you again and spend the day with you. LostinReno and NevadaWolf you missed a good time! Oh by the way, I got 48 total caches for the day!! :laughing:

:laughing: I had a great time this past weekend. We forgot to distribute the ammo cans though... Amazing how well you can cache with a guided tour with two tour guides (geospyder and byjer!) altered7151, it was great to meet you. cookie&faith, byjer and geospyder it was great to see you again and spend the day with you. LostinReno and NevadaWolf you missed a good time! Oh by the way, I got 48 total caches for the day!! :laughing:

You can distribute those ammo cans on my front porch next time you go through Vegas!

And glad you had a great time. Hope you didn't get too much snow and ice up there.

;) I had a great time this past weekend. We forgot to distribute the ammo cans though... Amazing how well you can cache with a guided tour with two tour guides (geospyder and byjer!) altered7151, it was great to meet you. cookie&faith, byjer and geospyder it was great to see you again and spend the day with you. LostinReno and NevadaWolf you missed a good time! Oh by the way, I got 48 total caches for the day!! :laughing:

How did those Lockwood caches go? I ended up with 33 for the day, so not too shabby! I thought about those ammo cans once cookie and faith dropped me off. If you end up passing through town for some reason let me know and I can come meet you and take some off your hands :laughing:

I also thought of the ammo cans "after" I dropped you off John. Be sure to bring some with you the next time you go "bowling" :)

Tyler (sp?) - we only snagged three of the seven Exit 22 caches because of darkness. Since I hid them I figured the other four were better saved for daylight.

I do have to get one of those head lamps that John had. I'm doing a full moon snow shoe hike up at Lake Tahoe this Saturday - good excuse to get one :)

While I was only able to snag one cache for the day - I definitely had a blast watching all of you trying to find the various caches. I had a great time. Thanks for the fun.

Edited by geospyder

For those of us unlucky enough to have missed last weekends cache run - we'll be doing it again. LostInReno and I are, shall we say, irked :) that we didn't get to spend the day with all of you.

So :) if you want to come along again and watch two (or maybe a few) more rookies attempt to find these, you're invited along.

<_< Sorry, I will not be able to go along this weekend to "watch" ya'all hunt for caches around pyramid lake. I get to go to San Diego again to see Jodi and spend 9 days there!!!! Have a good time. The next time I am able to meet up with you I will have the ammo cans with me to distribute. Moose Mob, you will have to come up here to get them!! Cache on! :(

Where folks will be there to send NevadaWolf's TB off to a speedy start (in the wrong direction). :P

I think I'll talk to Bernsports - we need a new catagory, "How Long it takes MM to leave Nevada." Even if I'm visiting California, at least I'll be moving. :laughing:

Edited by NevadaWolf

Where folks will be there to send NevadaWolf's TB off to a speedy start (in the wrong direction). :P

It's ok Teri, he's only bragging becaus the state is only 80 miles wide down there, doesn't give him much room for error. Even if he goes backwards, it won't take too long to turn him around in the right direction! :laughing:

It's ok Teri, he's only bragging becaus the state is only 80 miles wide down there, doesn't give him much room for error. Even if he goes backwards, it won't take too long to turn him around in the right direction! :laughing:

I was just notified that I will be in Denver on the 17th. I think I will start my TB there.

I was just notified that I will be in Denver on the 17th. I think I will start my TB there.

Nope nope, only caches in Nevada qualify as a starting point, and owners cannot move their own bug, so no dropping it into a NV cache and then taking it with you to CO.

Shucks man, you'll have to find someone else to start it for you. Course, it might get taken out with the rest of the 'lost articles' at the CITO.

Nope nope, only caches in Nevada qualify as a starting point, and owners cannot move their own bug, so no dropping it into a NV cache and then taking it with you to CO.

Shucks man, you'll have to find someone else to start it for you. Course, it might get taken out with the rest of the 'lost articles' at the CITO.

Don't worry, RoadRunner will move the TB for me. :)

I'll be at LVMS this weekend if anyone wants a head start, I promise I won't tell. :P

If anyone else is going to be at the races, I'm going to try and hit a couple of geocaches after qualifying on Friday and wouldn't mind some company.

I'll be at LVMS this weekend if anyone wants a head start, I promise I won't tell. :P

If anyone else is going to be at the races, I'm going to try and hit a couple of geocaches after qualifying on Friday and wouldn't mind some company.

LVMS??? OBTW, I met your brother last Friday, he is the better looking one!!

Sorry, I won't be able to try to cache with anyone in Nevada this weekend, I will still be in San Diego!! We are hiking the "domelands" which a cool old seabed area with a cool slot canyon! About 8 miles. Cache on!

Could be Las Vegas Middle School, them kids can be insanely fast when that bell rings.

As a proud alumni of Rancho, I believe Las Vegas Middle School's mascot is the Wildcat. :P

Now Don Coyote, you wouldn't be conspiring to unfairly help out, would you? They don't need help down there - the state's narrow enough as it is.

When you're racing if you don't get caught... just ask any crew chief.

I posted over at the NGA forums but is there anyone going out this weekend and wouldn't mind a 1st time cache'er (23/male and occationally with 22/female)? I should be getting my GPS system in on Friday and considering that spring break is coming up, I have some free time available. I'm in Las Vegas btw.

I posted over at the NGA forums but is there anyone going out this weekend and wouldn't mind a 1st time cache'er (23/male and occationally with 22/female)? I should be getting my GPS system in on Friday and considering that spring break is coming up, I have some free time available. I'm in Las Vegas btw.

I would chat with Jobosomo's Mom. She is always looking for younger victims. (bwahahahaha!)

Edit to add: I am planning on heading out to break in my new jeep and check out some old abandoned ranch buildings towards Laughlin on Saturday. Not sure how much room I have or what other vehicles are coming along. You got a high clearance vehicle? (watch the NGA threads)

Edited by Moose Mob

Saturday is the Busch race, but a possibility after the race. I'll need to check with my hosts.

I'm so bummed we couldn't make it down there this year, my friend phoned last night and rubbed it in that it was supposed to be in the 80's over the weekend, far cry from last years freeze! You know if the Canadians that are with you are cold, it freaking cold!

My last time on the track was at the LVMS but not the oval track. I was running on the road track just outside the main oval. Instead of towing my car down I drove down with a buddy. The wives flew down. On the way home my radar detector went off and I didn't believe it. Cost me $850. Not long after I sold all my gear and the car. Now I'm safe and sane in a Jeep :)

Edited by geospyder

If anyone is just on here and not NGA, I'm going to be leading a tour of the previous years Rally courses for anyone who hasn't done those. I want to give any new participants the chance to gain some experience on dirt roads before they tackle the Rally this year.

The first outing will be on Mar. 24th. I'll do this again on Apr. 29th as a few Vegas cachers will be up here.

I was planning on a trip through the 2004/2005 course first. Then, in April, head over the 2006 course.

Let me know if you're interested.

Edit to add: I am planning on heading out to break in my new jeep and check out some old abandoned ranch buildings towards Laughlin on Saturday. Not sure how much room I have or what other vehicles are coming along. You got a high clearance vehicle? (watch the NGA threads)

BTW, MM, that pic you posted of the new toy was just WRONG! Jeeps should never be that clean! EVER!

BTW, MM, that pic you posted of the new toy was just WRONG! Jeeps should never be that clean! EVER!

What can I say. It was just off the lot and only had 11 miles on it.