A popular bug came home. Now I need your opinion on what to do with it next.

kingsting

We released a very large travel bug, "Mary Proppins" two years ago. It has found it's way home and is now sitting in my living room. It's proven to be very popular with the caching world and has traveled to several event caches and even made it out to a few caches in the wilderness. It's been signed by probably 300 cachers since it's release. There isn't much room on it for many more signatures. The problem is that the lovely Mrs. Kingsting thinks it's neat and that I should keep it. I've already had a few offers from other cachers to get it moving again. I would be a shame if it turned up missing. My question is what should I do here?

Here are my options:

A. Keep it, print out all the logs and pictures on the bug page and make a display as a conversation piece.

B. Keep it and just take it to event caches and then bring it back home instead of releasing it.

C. Turn it loose again to get more photos and signatures. Figure out a way to attach a logbook to it. Hopefully it will come back this way again.

D. Since there isn't much room for new signatures, Get a second one (There was another) to release and keep this one.

E. Sell it on eBay and make the missus and the caching community mad at me.

F. ????

Speaking as one who "discovered" this bug at an event, I'd o for a cross between A and B. I think I would keep it take it to events, but store it in your living room. Print out the logs and put them in a scrap book with room to expand when you get new logs at events. This was one of the neatest TBs that I have seen.

Wow!! Mary Proppins made it home! How cool is that? I got to see/sign her and saw her dropped off at GeoWoodstock 4. I found it amazing at how many people wanted to move her along. She had a great run. I'm kinda torn on what you should do with her. However, as I see it, only one choice will keep her moving and collecting more signatures AND keep her around, like the missus wants: D.

CF30

We released a very large travel bug, "Mary Proppins" two years ago. It has found it's way home and is now sitting in my living room. It's proven to be very popular with the caching world and has traveled to several event caches and even made it out to a few caches in the wilderness. It's been signed by probably 300 cachers since it's release. There isn't much room on it for many more signatures. The problem is that the lovely Mrs. Kingsting thinks it's neat and that I should keep it. I've already had a few offers from other cachers to get it moving again. I would be a shame if it turned up missing. My question is what should I do here?

Here are my options:

A. Keep it, print out all the logs and pictures on the bug page and make a display as a conversation piece.

B. Keep it and just take it to event caches and then bring it back home instead of releasing it.

C. Turn it loose again to get more photos and signatures. Figure out a way to attach a logbook to it. Hopefully it will come back this way again.

D. Since there isn't much room for new signatures, Get a second one (There was another) to release and keep this one.

E. Sell it on eBay and make the missus and the caching community mad at me.

F. ????

Never let her outta your possession again. I'd hate to see her lost after a rerelease.

B & F

F being leave her to me in your will! :(

Mary Proppins is my all time favorite TB

and I'm on the downslope of logging 2,000 trackables. :(

I very much enjoyed the time I spent with her and the inside back door of my Xterra still bears the rub marks from her 2,000 plus mile excursion to the West Coast with me and my Snoogstress.

Wow!! Mary Proppins made it home! How cool is that? I got to see/sign her and saw her dropped off at GeoWoodstock 4. I found it amazing at how many people wanted to move her along. She had a great run.

So you must have seen me hugging it and carting it off to my camp. :P

What's really cool is the speed in which Mary came back across the USA. :P

7b3db56b-b167-4401-9874-f05eaedb369d.jpg

Edited by Snoogans

Mary Proppins is my all time favorite TB

and I'm on the downslope of logging 2,000 trackables. :(

Now this is a REAL honor! Snoogans has moved more bugs than just about anybody else AND Mary is even sporting a rare, seldom seen "Snoogstress" signature.

The signatures have all been preserved. I sprayed her with Krylon matte clear finish and she is lookin' mighty fine!

We're in the process of trying to get another Mary (or maybe something even better). Let's see what happens there...

Snoogans has moved more bugs than just about anybody else AND Mary is even sporting a rare, seldom seen "Snoogstress" signature.

Well, there ARE at least 20 others who have logged/moved more. :(

The Snoogstress and I had one huge fight and several smaller ones over that TB starting as soon as I found out it was going to be at GW4 and continuing until we got it home. I wasn't just content to discover Mary and I eventually got my way. She wasn't happy to see me carting more junk home after getting rid of nearly 13,000 ODS caches that were taking up a large space in the garage. She actually thought it looked pretty cool standing in the corner of our living room which happened to be the subject of the big argument. It sure was a tough row to hoe to get it there though. :wub:

BTW- Since Cujo and Winston lacked thumbs to sign, I signed for them. :wub:

We're in the process of trying to get another Mary (or maybe something even better). Let's see what happens there...

After reading the story of Mary's creation, I kinda figured you might have a follow-up to Mary. :(

PROPaganda?

Sherry Bobbins?

After reading the story of Mary's creation, I kinda figured you might have a follow-up to Mary. B)

PROPaganda?

Sherry Bobbins?

Funny you should mention PROPaganda. That was one of my original choices until Mrs. Kingsting (Kingstingstress?) came up with Mary...

I have to get to the warehouse and see if the other one is still laying around.