So why can't I change my atavar line?

ATMouse

I've been trying to fix it now for DAYS!!!

<sulk>

It's about me not giving a big enough gift to the mods, isn't it?

B):laughing::ph34r:

I remember that being a premium members only feature for years, even when there hardly were any features B) Well, you are a Geocacher, aren't you? :ph34r:

crazy.gif

Yup..can't you tell?

I have done ALL the right things. Entered by GC.com, correctly entered my password, re-entered the forums...offered a duck as tribute:

duck.gif <=example of said duck.

I know some of the folks posting here will bear witness that I have successfully changed my atavar line time and again...

I PLEAD with TPTB to lemme have the power to change my atavar line again!!! B)

I dunno what I did wrong...Was it the wrong size, the wrong color...the wrong date?

Did I forget one of our special days????

I just want to hear those magic words: "All is forgiven, come home!!!"

:laughing:

Waitaminute....I just want to change my atavar line... :ph34r:

(And 'Bro, if I can't be a Titanium member, you can't... :ph34r: )

Edited by ATMouse

it is related to the same problem people have updating their signature? you need to go back to initial forum entry page? try going to the GC home page, then enter the forums from there and see if it works.

(thouhg it appears the GC pages are not operating right now)

I had to re-enter the forums through the home page before it accepted my change (after fighting with the server being too busy)

I have done ALL the right things. Entered by GC.com, correctly entered my password, re-entered the forums...offered a duck as tribute:

I know some of the folks posting here will bear witness that I have successfully changed my atavar line time and again...

I dunno what I did wrong...Was it the wrong size, the wrong color...the wrong date?

:ph34r:

Waitaminute....I just want to change my atavar line... B)

Oh yeah? :laughing:

And just where did you get a duck, missy? I thought that we got rid of it already. B)

Edited by Ambrosia

:ph34r:

Waitaminute....I just want to change my atavar line... B)

Oh yeah? :laughing:

And just where did you get a duck, missy? I thought that we got rid of it already. B)

WE got rid of it....doesn't mean I don't know where it ended up, smarty pants...

offtopic.gif

Ooops!

Off topic.

Edited by ATMouse

From your profile ...

ATMouse

You will be confined to the "Geocacher" ranks till you fork over some cheese to the Frog.

See above post. I did pay!!!!

Joking aside, I'd love some help, here.

Edited by ATMouse

membership expired? I noticed they dont send out any reminder about it :laughing:

Just renewed. Paypal shows they took my money.

Just today? or last week? they say it can take a couple days for it to be effective.

About a week ago. Now I'm worried that they might have thought I wanted a NEW account. I clearly selected the "renew" one.

Dang.

membership expired? I noticed they dont send out any reminder about it :laughing:

Just renewed. Paypal shows they took my money.

Just today? or last week? they say it can take a couple days for it to be effective.

About a week ago. Now I'm worried that they might have thought I wanted a NEW account. I clearly selected the "renew" one.

Dang.

try this:

paypal renewal FAQ question

Looks like your account has somehow become trans-mouse-ified into something between a Premium Member and a Member account. The group listing on your forum posts shows you as belonging to the Premium Members group, but your account profile says you are a Member.

What does it say on the right hand side of your Account Details page about your account status? Mine looks like this:

premium_status.gif

Looks like your account has somehow become trans-mouse-ified into something between a Premium Member and a Member account. The group listing on your forum posts shows you as belonging to the Premium Members group, but your account profile says you are a Member.

This happens. Pretty recently, Pay pal decided to get all wacky on me, threaten to cancel my Groundspeak premium membership, and proceed to cancel it about a week before the actual threatened date. I too was "trans-mous-ified" into a hybrid premium/non-premium member. This whole mess took about a week to clear up, and I didn't lose anything, PQ's, my cherished ignore list, anything, as far as I can tell. I suppose I was a lowly "geocacher" during that time period as well. Just wait it out :)

You can let a geocaching.com Premium Membership expire, and still be a Premium Member in the forums, as they don't seem to synch these two servers up in that regard. I know this from personal experience.

Just because the Forum thinks you are premium doesn't mean that the meaty, juicy, Turkey-like geocaching.com forum thinks you are.

So... my bet is the PayPal thing hasn't been FULLY processed yet.

What does it say on the right hand side of your Account Details page about your account status? Mine looks like this:

premium_status.gif

c_t_d, you is right!

So now how do I go about getting the payment I made getting me back?

So now how do I go about getting the payment I made getting me back?

I'd send an email to contact@geocaching.com, explaining what is going on.

The situation might just resolve itself in a few days anyway, but I wouldn't assume that. And I wouldn't assume that anybody with the ability to fix this problem has read this topic (I think that the topic title might make this look more like a user problem than a payment issue).

By the way, Happy Thanksgiving, ATMouse! :P

How funny. I've just had my 2nd paypal fiasco within 6 months, and without warning, my $3 a month payment "failed", and I am relagated to being just a "geocacher". Paypal keeps asking me to "update" my checking account and credit card, even though there is no problem. And like I said, it was without warning, I just got an email the other day saying "subscription payment failed", and I am no longer a premium member (even though I re-signed up). I'm sure it's just a holiday weekend thing though. I tell you, if I lose that parking lot micro ignore list with over 100 caches on it, I'm not going to be a happy camper :laughing:

Okay, I emailed TPTB a couple of days ago and no response.

I'm getting down right sad. :cry:

Good Luck with that, still haven't done anything about my issue

I have also sent mail, started a new thread, sent more mail. On the rare occasion that I get a response, they make a suggestion, or two. After I try the suggestions, and they don't help, I E-mail back, and never get any response.