cache pattern

Bad_CRC

So, in our area we had a crazy mailbox bomber a few years back who bombed mailboxes, he was attempting to make a pattern the shape of a giant smile face on the US map of the incidents. like some kind of psycho batman villan.

has anyone done this with caches? No, not blow them up... write something or make a picture with cache locations?

would be pretty silly, and I wouldn't do it, but I'm curious if it's been done (probably) where?

So, in our area we had a crazy mailbox bomber a few years back who bombed mailboxes, he was attempting to make a pattern the shape of a giant smile face on the US map of the incidents. like some kind of psycho batman villan.

has anyone done this with caches? No, not blow them up... write something or make a picture with cache locations?

would be pretty silly, and I wouldn't do it, but I'm curious if it's been done (probably) where?

I think there was a thread on this very issue back when the mailbox bomber was in the news.

I'll try to do a search. (No promises.)

I had one cache that did something similar, but on a much smaller scale. In my cache called GPS Art I had found a very large parking lot that had a couple of hundred lamp posts. I put coordinates on about 30 of them so you would draw a picture of the Groundspeak guy with your GPS track as you walked it.

03e068a3-6310-4a63-b610-46ca51508e08.jpg

9eddada4-1db5-4122-94d0-07e94028ba4c.jpg

b438e411-8e70-452a-85de-9c0f52f7c0f3.jpg

Edited by Mushtang

Mushtang, you just went up a notch in my book. What a perfect use of lampost micros.

Back OT

For the past couple of years I've been kicking around a concpet breeder cache that would be called Breeder Reactor. I bumped into a few problems with the execution. However it did have the goal of packing into an area a pattern of caches at maximum density.

The land locked piece of BLM ground that I wanted to use proved to be too small given the 528' rule.

Mushtang, you just went up a notch in my book.

Hooray! I like being moved up notches.

What a perfect use of lampost micros.
It was actually not micros inside the lamp posts, rather the coords for the next post were printed on small pieces of paper, laminated, and I used Goop to glue them on the north side (to keep them out of the direct sunlight so they wouldn't fade).

The civic center decided to paint all of their lamp posts and the coords were all removed. It was way too much trouble to try and put them all back so I archived it. These weren't all the types of lamp posts that had skirts that would raise.

I hope I keep my new status in your book anyway.

I had one cache that did something similar, but on a much smaller scale. In my cache called GPS Art I had found a very large parking lot that had a couple of hundred lamp posts. I put coordinates on about 30 of them so you would draw a picture of the Groundspeak guy with your GPS track as you walked it.

Dang that's cool! :)

That is one great cache. :unsure: