Continual Log Deletion

The cache:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...f2-fb0a1d33e8d7

The most recent log:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LU...ca-1da3c1b43933

For some reason, the owner of this cache claims I was not in Anchorage and did not find his cache. He has sent me 2 emails explaining why he has deleted my emails (they are below), yet he refuses to respond to what I send him. I've given him links to my other Anchorage finds for that day, and I've asked him to go and check the logbook because that is PROOF that I was there, but he wont. Is there anything I can do besides continuous, relentless logging until he gives in?

The emails:

First

I'm the owner of Morse Monkey's Revenge, and the last time I checked, you physically have to find the cache in order to get credit for it. Since you were not in Anchorage and did not find the cache you should not get credi for it. It's not fair to anyone who actually did the foot work or to me who placed it

Thank you,

kncfitz

Second

I just wanted to let you know that since you did not find the cache and sign the log book I have deleted your find from the Morse Monkey's logs. You are however more than welcome to post a note claiming to have solved the puzzle, that would be fin Thank you for understanding and have a nice day

Carol

kncfitz

That's what I planned on doing. However, once I posted that last log, the owner apparently "got the message." I guess he reads the logs but not the emails people send him.

He has appologized and agreed to stop deleting them as long as I edit my last log to what it is now.

That's it for this discussion then, I guess...

I prefer an accurate count in my profile.

I understand that, I really do. But at some point you have to decide what is more important. Angst or a smilie.

Sometimes it just ain't worth keeping yourself up at night.

Edited by BlueDeuce

This thread is ironic, in light of a parrallel thread in which signing the log is purported to be validation of a find.

It's good to see things worked out for you. However, I don't think a find should be deleted unless the cacher admits to not signing the log (or any other logging requirements) or the owner actually checks the physical log and doesn't find your sig.

A quick look at your recent finds in Alaska revealed several with your picture taken, showing that you were indeed in Alaska during that time frame. Therefore, I would not have doubted the veracity of your claim unless I had checked the physical log.

Yeah, a happy ending! Now, quick, lock the topic before it gets ugly in here for no good reason!

How do I lock the topic? I haven't used these forums for a while.

Bottom left corner of thread page, you should find the option.

I'm not seeing it...

bottom left hand corner - should say "moderator options" or something similar and a pull down menu. Pull down the menu and click "Close Topic"

I think your log is somewhat confusing. If I was the owner of the cache it would raise a red flag with me. You don't mention the hunt, leaving or taking anything or signing the log, only solving an out of state puzzle.

I have to agree. Having lived in Anchorage and cached with the owners, I understand why they deleted your log the first time. It sounds like you were never there.

BTW the owners are great cachers. I wish they had hid that before I moved. :o

That's what I planned on doing. However, once I posted that last log, the owner apparently "got the message." I guess he reads the logs but not the emails people send him.

He has appologized and agreed to stop deleting them as long as I edit my last log to what it is now.

That's it for this discussion then, I guess...

I'm glad you reached a resolution with good results. :)

The owner should have given you a chance to make your case before deletion, probably by e-mail. I've done that before, but that's after I checked the log book and did not see the finder's signature. Deleting logs immediately "just because it doesn't seem right" doesn't seem right. :grin:

Glad it worked out for you, but as has been mentioned I don't get the reference to out-of-state; I too would have thought from your log that you found it by solving it online.

You mention "He has appologized and agreed to stop deleting them as long as I edit my last log to what it is now."

Does that mean that you didn't sign the log, as that should be all the proof he needs? Just curious as to why he wants the log written a certain way.

Edited by TheAlabamaRambler

ugly%20dog-thumb.jpg

WHAT in the name of Sweet Fancy Moses IS that thing????

Well, among other things, it's an alleged dog. And it's now dead. But, believe it or not, it wasn't when that picture was taken.

My boss printed a nice big picture of the thing and hung it in the office. He was "testing the color printer to make sure it worked." Uh-huh.

Yeah, a happy ending! Now, quick, lock the topic before it gets ugly in here for no good reason!

I'm not seeing it...

bottom left hand corner - should say "moderator options" or something similar and a pull down menu. Pull down the menu and click "Close Topic"

I know I've seen it there in the past, but it isn't there anymore. Is there a setting or something I have disabled?

I'm not seeing it...

I know I've seen it there in the past, but it isn't there anymore. Is there a setting or something I have disabled?

Currently topics can't be locked by the OP. Read about it here.

The cache:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...f2-fb0a1d33e8d7

The most recent log:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LU...ca-1da3c1b43933

For some reason, the owner of this cache claims I was not in Anchorage and did not find his cache. He has sent me 2 emails explaining why he has deleted my emails (they are below), yet he refuses to respond to what I send him. I've given him links to my other Anchorage finds for that day, and I've asked him to go and check the logbook because that is PROOF that I was there, but he wont. Is there anything I can do besides continuous, relentless logging until he gives in?

The emails:

First

I'm the owner of Morse Monkey's Revenge, and the last time I checked, you physically have to find the cache in order to get credit for it. Since you were not in Anchorage and did not find the cache you should not get credi for it. It's not fair to anyone who actually did the foot work or to me who placed it

Thank you,

kncfitz

Second

I just wanted to let you know that since you did not find the cache and sign the log book I have deleted your find from the Morse Monkey's logs. You are however more than welcome to post a note claiming to have solved the puzzle, that would be fin Thank you for understanding and have a nice day

Carol

kncfitz

Hmmm...this is a tough question. Playing the neutral 3rd party, I would first have to ask a simple question. Why didn't you sign his log? I've been to 2 caches and did not have a pencil. I'm a fool for that, but it happened. I logged them as finds, but mentioned not having a writing tool...but, I intend to go back and log the find at the sites. However, in all fairness, I can do this because they are local caches. In your situation, it's unclear, given the info. you've provided. I can see the point of view of the owner. Hiding a cache is fun and requires a bit of creativity. If others want to log the cache as a "find," then they must sign the log. If the log is unsignable, either due to wear, tear, moisture, etc., then note that on the website, still claiming the find. The owner will then receive a notice via e-mail of your activity and will then know to go and do maintenance on the cache. I wish you both luck in your struggle to be right.