New coin policy changes

Tharagleb

Custom Code Series:

1. Following the first order of 1,000 codes for a custom prefix series, future orders for the same custom prefix with a new icon only require a 250 code minimum.

I like it too. the only question I have.... is whether or not future orders for the same custom prefix with an existing icon can be purchased with a min. 250 code order. My assumption is yes, but just want to make sure...

Custom Code Series:

1. Following the first order of 1,000 codes for a custom prefix series, future orders for the same custom prefix with a new icon only require a 250 code minimum.

I like it too. the only question I have.... is whether or not future orders for the same custom prefix with an existing icon can be purchased with a min. 250 code order. My assumption is yes, but just want to make sure...

That is correct.

For those wondering what updates are being discussed, please refer to the pinned topic at the top of these boards for the latest update by Rothstafari.

from the revised policy

• "If your coin is non-trackable and bears the geocaching.com logo, it may NOT be sold unless specific written permission has been obtained from Groundspeak to sell the coin"

I guess my question would be "and if somebody does, what exactly would TPTB do about it" ?

Not planning to do so, just curious.....

from the revised policy

• "If your coin is non-trackable and bears the geocaching.com logo, it may NOT be sold unless specific written permission has been obtained from Groundspeak to sell the coin"

I guess my question would be "and if somebody does, what exactly would TPTB do about it" ?

I hear that Rothstafari can lay some serious legal smackdown.

"Can you smeLLLLLLLLLL what the ROTH is cookin?"

from the revised policy

does this mean sold by the originator of the coin? Will this prohibit coins the the geocaching.com logo from being sold on ebay or by an collector(end user) in some other market?

That could put a dent in the ebay geocoin auctions. Although with tracking available, it's becoming less likely that a coin with the logo would be non-trackable. My personal coin does have the logo, but is not trackable. I never intended to sell this coin, its only for trading.

It would be a real pain to enforce, but ebay would probably comply with any requests from Groundspeak stop any auction that has a trademark usage issue. The terms of use of the coin with the logo image would be in violation.

I guess this would become a new volunteer position at Groundspeak... Sale and Auction Violation Enforcement Reporter... or S.A.V.E.R. for short.

from the revised policy

does this mean sold by the originator of the coin? Will this prohibit coins the the geocaching.com logo from being sold on ebay or by an collector(end user) in some other market?

That could put a dent in the ebay geocoin auctions. Although with tracking available, it's becoming less likely that a coin with the logo would be non-trackable. My personal coin does have the logo, but is not trackable. I never intended to sell this coin, its only for trading.

It would be a real pain to enforce, but ebay would probably comply with any requests from Groundspeak stop any auction that has a trademark usage issue. The terms of use of the coin with the logo image would be in violation.

I guess this would become a new volunteer position at Groundspeak... Sale and Auction Violation Enforcement Reporter... or S.A.V.E.R. for short.

This isn't actually new. It's just a supplement to the logo useage guidelines. Coins aside, items bearing the GC logo were never allowed to be sold without prior consent from Groundspeak.