What A Shame

A local cacher has been in dispute over one of his caches and as a result has disabled them all.

Unfortunately, he has been quote aggressive in his comments regarding another cacher and all of his caches have now been archived.

Disregarding the personal disputes and ignoring who is right and wrong, I Think its very sad that at least two of these caches are now no longer available. :rolleyes:

Can they be un-archived? or have they gone beyond the point of no return.

There was some highly vitriolic discussion of this in the Forum a couple of months back. Go there, have a look and then you may feel more progress could be made in private discussion rather than a public forum.

On the subject of archived caches it is of course possible to adopt them with the original cache owners permission, but you would then have to request the responsible Reviewer for it to be un-archived. However where caches are archived that does open up the area for new cache setting opportunities.

So: go read, consider archiving this thread, and then decide whether you want to enter into private negotiations or maybe plan a cache of your own. Hope that's of some help.

Dave as the so called 'victim' in this I shall be somewhat controversial and actually agree with you.... to a point. I have visited most of the other parties caches and thought the oak tree cache was one of the very best I have ever visited absolutely brilliant site. I would like to see this one relisted as others would also enjoy it greatly. Without rehearsing the arguments that have gone before I am happy to extend the olive branch and resolve our differences to get an established cacher and his caches back into play. If he wants to PM me and we can sort this out I will contact the relevant parties to resolve the issues.

If the original setter is willing, and I doubt it, then you could come to some arrangement. To be honest three apologies will probably work if the original setter wanted to maintain ownership.

You can place a cache in the same place, but do you want to do this if it will upset the original setter.

Edited by alistair_uk
i agree with captain gore-tex, the old oak tree link was a fine cache in a wonderful tree!

it would be great for others to have the opportunity to find it and discover this old oak - hope discussions work out well!

Looks like it all started from this cache.

I would love to see "The view is all around" back in circulation as this was one of our favourite caches.

Davethecave, have you had any luck contacting the owner?

I have received an email from Hadescaveman extended the olive branch of friendship. Once the relevant logs have been removed from his cache sites and he has made his views known in this thread I will contact the team to see if they will re-list his caches, can't say fairer than that I believe.

I for one am pleased about that and hope the cahces are re-listed without a problem. It is sometimes not easy to apologise or accept the apology, and I guess this is one of those occasions.

I'm not surprised about the reviewer comments, they are so slow in doing they're job these days, no I take that back as I'm about to submit a cache! :o

How can anyone whinge about the 2 people that look after the whole UK and generally sort new caches within minutes for a pay rate of sod all???

Some people can be so ungrateful!

P.S. I'm expecting a good review time :P