Making A Hard Virtual Easier To See....

I have a really cool virtual that very few people have found because I made it very difficult to to obtain the proper coords to see it.

It's called The Hidden Dragon. It was offset and you had to go to my Crouching Tiger cache to get the proper coords to view it.

Very few folks that actually went to the trouble to find Crouching Tiger could see it when they went to the coords hidden in the cache.

Do YOU see the dragon?

68eac4b5-1840-4053-8e91-bc3ec89c8b74.jpg

This is a bad picture. I'm looking for a better one to post on the page.

It's friggin' HUGE. The irony is that you can actually SEE it from the Crouching Tiger cache over 7 miles away, but people just can't see it until they are shown.......

I'm hoping MORE people can find it now. :laughing:

Edited by Snoogans

OK - now I see it! <_<

crap, now I gotta go to California to find it...

Yeaaaa, i'm kickin' myself for not changing that virt's description a year ago. lots of folks have missed out on that one.

I was lucky to even get it published, because the nails in the virtual coffin were about half pounded in at the time.

The reviewer at the time was familiar with the area and believed the virt had merit.

I got lucky.

Cool, now can I log a find on it? <_< <_<

That is a neat formation. Is it really natural. or is someone a creative planter?

Natural as can be..... as far as I know.... It can be seen in photographs of the area in the early 70's. I don't know of anyone with an older one. I first saw it in in 1979. I was 12.

That's awesome!!

Fun fact: There's a local pilot who is a good friend of my sister and he flies in from Bishop to work every day .

After he flew me the entire length of the 200+ mile long John Muir trail, buzzing the summit hut on Mt. Whitney, he flew his regular course back. He rounded back west on approach to the Mammoth Municipal Airport and we were headed back directly toward the dragon before the final left turn into final approach. I pointed out the dragon and he smacked himself right on the forehead. He had NEVER noticed the dragon before. Now it's his refrence point for final approach.