Unable To Edit Profile

TEAM 360

Server Error in '/' Application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The base class includes the field 'txtSignature', but its type (FreeTextBoxControls.FreeTextBox) is not compatible with the type of control (System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox).

Source Error:

Line 176: <TR>

Line 177: <TD vAlign="top" align="left" colSpan="3"><strong>Forum Signature</strong><br>

Line 178: <asp:textbox id="txtSignature" runat="server" TextMode="MultiLine" Columns="70" EnableViewState="False"

Line 179: MaxLength="600" Rows="3"></asp:textbox></TD>

Line 180: </TR>

Source File: E:\Inetpub\20060327.geocaching.com\controls\RegisterPanel.ascx Line: 178

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2300

I get the same thing...

Also, if you claim to be writing XHTML 1.0 transitional you should be closing your break tags (<br />) and using lowercase attributes (eg 'tr' 'td' etc) :P

(I know you are 10 times the programmer I am, so I have to nit pick where I can, forgive me) :ph34r:

I can not edit my profile either...been this way since at least yesterday. Same error:

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The base class includes the field 'txtSignature', but its type (FreeTextBoxControls.FreeTextBox) is not compatible with the type of control (System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox).

Source Error:

Line 177: <TD vAlign="top" align="left" colSpan="3"><strong>Forum Signature</strong><br>

Line 178: <asp:textbox id="txtSignature" runat="server" TextMode="MultiLine" Columns="70" EnableViewState="False"

Source File: E:\Inetpub\20060327.geocaching.com\controls\RegisterPanel.ascx Line: 178

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2300

Parser Error

Source Error:

THis is the message I get when trying to edit my profile.

hi, I'm Still getting the problem. The details I get are below:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Line 18: <!-- END OF CONTENT -->

Line 19: <p>

Line 20: <uc1:RegisterPanel id="MyProfile" runat="server"></uc1:RegisterPanel></p>

Line 21: </td>

Line 22: </form>

Source File: E:\Inetpub\20060327.geocaching.com\my\details.aspx Line: 20

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]

FreeTextBoxControls.FreeTextBox.RenderTabs(HtmlTextWriter writer)

FreeTextBoxControls.FreeTextBox.RenderRichEditor(HtmlTextWriter writer)

FreeTextBoxControls.FreeTextBox.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)

System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +241

System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +72

System.Web.UI.Control.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +7

ASP.details_aspx.__RenderForm1(HtmlTextWriter __output, Control parameterContainer) in E:\Inetpub\20060327.geocaching.com\my\details.aspx:20

System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +27

System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +44

System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.Render(HtmlTextWriter output) +262

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1984

Right, I think it it Browser specific as associated with the new functions in the info boxes. I use an Intel Apple Mac and usually use Safari 2.0.4. When I try and edit my profile using this I get the error that I replicated above. I've just tried using the latest Firefox and I now get in without errors and see new edit functions in the lower part of the profile. I assume therefore that there is an incompatibility with Safari.

I'm happy to act as a test if you need to try out anything for compatibility, but bear in mind i'm from the UK and not normally online all evening. I'm also away this weekend so will be back monday if you need it.

Okay, after this most recent post, I thought I would check this out. I didn't even make any changes to my Profile. I just put in my Password and clicked the [update Account] button. This is the error I got:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Line 18: <!-- END OF CONTENT -->

Line 19: <p>

Line 20: <uc1:RegisterPanel id="MyProfile" runat="server"></uc1:RegisterPanel></p>

Line 21: </td>

Line 22: </form>

Source File: E:\Inetpub\20060327.geocaching.com\my\details.aspx Line: 20

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]

FreeTextBoxControls.FreeTextBox.RenderTabs(HtmlTextWriter writer)

FreeTextBoxControls.FreeTextBox.RenderRichEditor(HtmlTextWriter writer)

FreeTextBoxControls.FreeTextBox.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)

ASP.details_aspx.__RenderForm1(HtmlTextWriter __output, Control parameterContainer) in E:\Inetpub\20060327.geocaching.com\my\details.aspx:20

System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +27

System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +44

System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.Render(HtmlTextWriter output) +262

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1909

My browser is Opera 8.54.

I have a "customized" Stats bar in both my Profile and on my blog. It has worked fine until today. Now it doesn't appear and when I try to load the image in a separate page, I get this error:

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Server Error in '/stats' Application.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: File or assembly name FreeTextBox, or one of its dependencies, was not found.

Source Error:

Line 72: <globalization requestEncoding="utf-8" responseEncoding="utf-8" />

Line 73: <httpHandlers>

Line 74: <add verb="GET" path="FtbWebResource.axd" type="FreeTextBoxControls.AssemblyResourceHandler, FreeTextBox" />

Line 75: </httpHandlers>

Line 76:

Source File: E:\Inetpub\20060327.geocaching.com\web.config Line: 74

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'FreeTextBox' could not be loaded.

=== Pre-bind state information ===

LOG: DisplayName = FreeTextBox

(Partial)

LOG: Appbase = file:///E:/Inetpub/20060327.geocaching.com/stats

LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin

Calling assembly : (Unknown).

===

LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind).

LOG: Post-policy reference: FreeTextBox

LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/stats/e4e77fcb/9be91833/FreeTextBox.DLL.

LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/stats/e4e77fcb/9be91833/FreeTextBox/FreeTextBox.DLL.

LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///E:/Inetpub/20060327.geocaching.com/stats/bin/FreeTextBox.DLL.

LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///E:/Inetpub/20060327.geocaching.com/stats/bin/FreeTextBox/FreeTextBox.DLL.

LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/stats/e4e77fcb/9be91833/FreeTextBox.EXE.

LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/stats/e4e77fcb/9be91833/FreeTextBox/FreeTextBox.EXE.

LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///E:/Inetpub/20060327.geocaching.com/stats/bin/FreeTextBox.EXE.

LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///E:/Inetpub/20060327.geocaching.com/stats/bin/FreeTextBox/FreeTextBox.EXE.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thank you for all the work you do to keep the site working for us. :(

Edited by Miragee