60 Csx Power

I am the proud owner of a 60 CSX, and am wondering if anyone has tried to utilize the USB adapter to power it up from the cigarette lighter outlet, much like my old Vista C.

Obviously the unit receives power via USB when connected to my desktop or laptop PC, and instead of having to buy yet another vehicle adapter from Garmin at horrendously inflated prices, I would like to use my VistaC cable. I haven't tried it yet, as I don't know if there is a voltage difference. Anyone tried it yet?

You can buy much cheaper power cables from other sources than Garmin.

I'd go ahead and give the cable you have a try and report back to us.

I just have no desire to cook several hundred $$ worth of beautiful GPS equipment... I was hoping for a flurry of fellow cachers that have been bold enough to do so already. Holding my breathe, will give it a shot.

Power sources and voltages are in the owner's manual. USB voltage spec. is 4.75V-5.25V, 5V nom. From the range of power sources and voltages listed in the manual, the unit probably has onboard voltage regulation. The USB port on your PC is 5V, so a 5V cigarette lighter adaptor should work just fine.

Edited by CbusRog

Power sources and voltages are in the owner's manual. USB voltage spec. is 4.75V-5.25V, 5V nom. From the range of power sources and voltages listed in the manual, the unit probably has onboard voltage regulation. The USB port on your PC is 5V, so a 5V cigarette lighter adaptor should work just fine.

I went ahead and bought an USB cigarette lighter adaptor and tried it out. I found one online and had it delivered for under 10 and since my wife didn't want me to spend more I went ahead with it. I have to say it works great. I have used it a lot now and last week we went on vacation and I used it for 5 hours straight with no problems. Hope this helps out. by the way I have a 60cx

Edited by Bus36

I went ahead and bought an USB cigarette lighter adaptor and tried it out. I found one online and had it delivered for under 10 and since my wife didn't want me to spend more I went ahead with it. I have to say it works great. I have used it a lot now and last week we went on vacation and I used it for 5 hours straight with no problems. Hope this helps out. by the way I have a 60cx

I also have the USB cigarette lighter adapter from my legendC, use it all the time on the 60cx, works great.