Customer Support

tozainamboku

Geocaching.com could learn a lot from Clyde and GSAK. When people complain about a feature in GSAK not working as they would like, he tries to find a workaround for them (and doesn't back out a feature that other find useful). When adding a new feature, he discusses it in his forums and then releases a beta version before an official release. Changes are always made because of customer input. He tries, when possible, to leave an option that works the old way. And finally he has a cute avatar of a furry dog, so even when he gets frustrated with critical posts, it seems like he has a smile.

Geocaching.com could learn a lot from Clyde and GSAK. When people complain about a feature in GSAK not working as they would like, he tries to find a workaround for them (and doesn't back out a feature that other find useful). When adding a new feature, he discusses it in his forums and then releases a beta version before an official release. Changes are always made because of customer input. He tries, when possible, to leave an option that works the old way. And finally he has a cute avatar of a furry dog, so even when he gets frustrated with critical posts, it seems like he has a smile.

Your kung Fu mister Tee scares me, could you change it to something else? maybe a pink bunny, or a white unicorn? :laughing:

So what got your panties in a wad?

CO, I find that a bit offensive since I believe tozainamboku is a male and you are claiming he wears panties. I would expect more out of a man of your stature.

CO, I find that a bit offensive since I believe Mozambique is a male and you are claiming he wears panties. I would expect more out of a man of your stature.

Is that a fat joke????????

You are not sure if they are male but you are offended anyway. Why are you offended for him/her. Do you think they can not determine if its offensive by themselves. That means you are calling them impaired. I find that offensive. How about you let them be offended or not by themselves. Since its a "figure of speech". I think you need to mind your own business. If you feel the need to reply PM me so we don't take this any more off track!

Edited by CO Admin

CO, I find that a bit offensive since I believe Mozambique is a male and you are claiming he wears panties. I would expect more out of a man of your stature.

Is that a fat joke????????

You are not sure if they are male but you are offended anyway. Why are you offended for him/her. Do you think they can not determine if its offensive by themselves. That means you are calling them impaired. I find that offensive. How about you let them be offended or not by themselves. Since its a "figure of speech". I think you need to mind your own business. If you feel the need to reply PM me so we don't take this any more off track!

Would that be anymore off track than you just did?

How could I be offended by somebody that has a purple pony for an avatar? :ph34r:

I'm quite happy with the way both GSAK and GC.com are run. I haven't had a problem that needed a "workaround" with either of them.

However, the reason for my post is just to say that I don't like the idea of "workarounds". Things should work the way they're supposed to without having to do extra steps. (Of course, this complaint could be frustration from work spilling over into my personal life. "We don't have time to fix it right, just make do.")

And, could we please keep this thread on-topic? The thought of Mr. T wearing panties frightens me. :ph34r:

Interesting....

Doing what the Customer wants. That's a concept.

However... The majority of geocachers are not concerned with all the fancy doo-dads.

All they want is speed. Make a simple website and make it fast.

Even the customer surveys that went out avoided the majority of geocachers, and what they really want.

The only spot for a REAL answer was at the end, where they asked for comments.

I'm quite, quite, quite certain that 99%+ of respondees asked for a faster website....nothing more :ph34r: .

The details, the mods, the upgrades, the cute maps, the extra buttons, the added cute-sy stuff, is only asked for by a very, very, very small group of Webby types.

The actual geocachers are not in here....we are out caching! :(

Interesed in Geocoins?

The Obsessed Geocoin Collection

Edited by ventura_kids