The All New Groundspeak Uk Pub Quiz!

St Edmund :huh:

Perfect pub/QI type question B) (Especially if I'm right :unsure: )

Erm - blue banner?

Quite right. St George is the patron saint of the English Royal House brought in by Edward III when he was trying to demonstrate his Frenchness at the start of the 100 Year War (he brought in that Frenchie red cross flag at the same time). As all true Englishmen know, especially East Anglian's, St Edmund with his pale blue banner is the patron saint of the nation (as a strange but true side line the Quebec flag is the closest thing to what the pre Edward III English banner looked like).

DING!!!

That was fast!! I remembered that science class about the rotating star.

Here's one I know well :rolleyes:

Q: What's the name for the human medical condition where all internal organs are reversed? That is to say the heart is on the right side of the chest and everything is mirror imaged.

Could it be as simple as Mirror Syndrome? If not, something mirror related... ah, Alice's Syndrome perhaps? I'm away to check on google now... Nope, miles out. There won't be any guessing of this one. You'll either know it or you won't. Or you'll look it up somewhere... :rolleyes:

Edited by Simply Paul

That was fast!! I remembered that science class about the rotating star.

Here's one I know well :rolleyes:

Q: What's the name for the human medical condition where all internal organs are reversed? That is to say the heart is on the right side of the chest and everything is mirror imaged.

Situs inversus

Always sounds like a particularly nasty Harry Potter spell :P

Is he Raffles' chum ?

civilised

Jolly well done Civilised old chap, he was indeed one time school chum, confidente and partner in crime to the amature cracksman and hero of the England cricket team A.J. Raffles.

Next Question.

I only knew this subconciously through reading the pastiche of Raffles in Viz magazine - I think so anyway <_<

Anyway - I live in Swindon - and given the current theme - which is the only Sherlock Holmes story to mention the town ?

civilised

:) Ok - on the assumption I am correct here is the next question and it's time for a brainteaser...

If 24 H in a D = 24 Hours in a Day

25 SWA = 25 Silver Wedding Anniversary

then what do the following stand for?

-2 E in G

0 L in T

5 BWCW

9 SRW

76000 OTC

Clue - they all relate to sports.

Cheers!

Seasider

Edited by Seasider

Got to head off shortly to the pub to watch footy so I'll give you all a further clue...

Although 9 is the SRW he didn't do it in the last England match but Sven is still pondering whether R will be allowed to W the S today! :)

Seasider

Ta for the clue Seasider :)

I don't have a "proper" question ready, so I'll ask a quickie from last nights real pub quiz...

What was the name of the dog owned by Claude Jeremiah Greengrass?

(our quiz team didn't get this right last night :D )