60cx Hide Waypoints

Well I loaded up my GPS with 200 someodd geocaches that are within 20km of my house.

Declutter doesnt remove them..... I can use the find button to find them, and or/delete them, but I can't HIDE just the one ICONs?!

I hope you can and im just missing it somehow.

Id like to be able to turn on and off my geocache icons.

Edited by zahadoom

Well I loaded up my GPS with 200 someodd geocaches that are within 20km of my house.

Declutter doesnt remove them..... I can use the find button to find them, and or/delete them, but I can't HIDE just the one ICONs?!

I hope you can and im just missing it somehow.

Id like to be able to turn on and off my geocache icons.

Try this: From the map page--Menu--setup map--waypoints tab--set "User waypoints" to a zoom out level that you are comfy with.

Unfortunately this is for all user waypoints, not just geocaches.

If these are waypoints, they cannot be hidden. If they were loaded as points-of-interest, they can be turned off (not displayed) in map setup.

Unless the 60CX is different in this respect to the 60C, you are not correct. Its just a matter of selecting the zoom level that you want the waypoints to be displayed at.

The original statement was: "Id like to be able to turn on and off my geocache icons.". I'm not aware of any way to do that with waypoints globally on a 60c or 60x. Changing the level at which waypoints display might reduce clutter but does not fully achieve the requested result. Points-of-interest, on the other hand, can be entirely hidden.

When selecting the zoom level at which the waypoints show up (default is AUTO) scroll up one and select OFF. That will keep them from displaying. It isn't in the handiest location to toggle them on and off, so I think most users just pick a fairly close zoom level (say, 800 feet) if they don't want the waypoints to show up unless zoomed way in.

This is something that would be really great if Garmin added to their firmware. I would love to be able to hide all waypoints with a particular symbol.

Guess I will go email them. . .

Thanks everyone, I stumbled onto the map setting page today in the field before reading the responces and set the user waypoints to 1.2km and thats much better...

Still would be nice if you could hide based on icon type.

Thanks again... I am findind the 60cx wanders on the 5m map page if you become stationary.... I wouldnt even say wander i would say slips... Starts slipping in one direction sometimes...

I can't see why you would want to hide a waypoint?

You could always no load them!! :blink:

If you've got 500 geocaches in a 50 square mile area, that's a pretty high concentration of icons in a small area! If you move your cursor around to try to find something else on the map, you're just going to hit a bunch of geocache icons and all of the cache names will pop-up everywhere you point. This can be very annoying!

I may just want to have them just not show temporarily so I don't have that problem, AND I may want to do this while I'm out caching! To do away with them means I'd have to go back home and reload them again.

Edited by Neo_Geo

Three other tips to consider: (1) use a small waypoint symbol rather than the default blue flag. I use "small city" since it's the smallest dot; (2) reduce the font size of waypoint names in map setup. When using "large" with lots of waypoints in close proximity they tend to clutter; (3) of course use a smaller map zoom scale - if you're getting clutter at the 20 foot zoom level, one might wonder why so many points are so close together.