New To Google Earth.

I was recently told how good Google Earth was and how easy it was to get from the 'My Account ' page.

I have tried to download the 'Geocache Browser in Google Earth' and it appears that I have downloaded a file but when I try to open it, I am getting a message asking what to use on this KML file.

What have I missed or what do i do next.

As you may suspect, it will be necessary to keep your reply in very-easy-to-follow language!!.

Thanks...............John

I am getting a message asking what to use on this KML file.

It sounds like you haven't yet installed Google Earth.

Download Google Earth from http://earth.google.com (the free version is all you need), and install it on your PC.

Then, download the 'Geocache Browser in Google Earth' from the 'My Account' page. This .kml file is an add-on for Google Earth.

Open the .kml file - Now that Google Earth is installed, it should open using Google Earth.

In Google Earth, you should now see 'Geocaching Network KML' in 'Places'.

Zoom to closer than 500 miles, and up to 150 cache locations will be displayed.

Hope that helps

As mentioned a short while ago on the other thread on this subject. I have only just started looking at the GC connection and Google Earth that I have had for some time.

Looking at some of my caches I find that they are not in the correct place and the co-ords are not the same.

any one else found this?

This could be misleading if useing as a guide to the actual cache. But then I feel that ones GPS would be trusted more than the Google plan.

As mentioned a short while ago on the other thread on this subject. I have only just started looking at the GC connection and Google Earth that I have had for some time.

Looking at some of my caches I find that they are not in the correct place and the co-ords are not the same.

any one else found this?

This could be misleading if useing as a guide to the actual cache. But then I feel that ones GPS would be trusted more than the Google plan.

The caches from that link are ..erm... purposely "obfuscated" by a certain random value by Groundspeak, and will therefore display in random offset positions. It's why they will also jump around when you scroll around in Google Earth for a bit and they next re-appear.