A Muggled Cache Reappears!

Pieman

My cache "Buy it in Budworth" went missing about a month ago. I assumed someone had nicked it and I replaced it in a slightly different position. On Saturday, The Rugby Raptors by chance came upon the original cache hanging on the local school gatepost when looking for the new cache. Attached to the old cache was a laminated card added by the local primary school. As best I can guess someone found the original and assumed it had been dropped by one of the local children and so dropped it off at the school. The school opened it and realised it was part of a game and hung it outside the school with the note asking people not to steal it so that others could find it. A couple of people actually opened the cache, wrote a note and swapped items! :P

It shows just how nice people can be. I've contacted the school to thank them and intend to release a TB in their name for the kids to follow.

Excellent - what was the staff reaction like when you contacted them....interested?

I sent them an email yesterday, but I guess because of school holidays it may be a week before they reply. I'll post the outcome here.

the little nylon-trainered tykes are probably back tomorrow - Mrs PP certainly tells me she's back to work tomorrow!

We all know about Google Earth, but I can tell you that kids absolutely love it, especially if you have a computer linked to a large screen projector - the zooming in bit has them sitting with jaws open! And of course, Travel Bugs can be tracked in this way.... A tip for any other teachers out there!

Dave