Garmin Customer Service Is #1

I've read about Garmins great customer service on the forums before, but I had to thank them again for my experience. My 60CS is about 2 years old and the in and out button covering had worn off. Some of the lettering was starting to wear off and I was also having some problems with the power button. I called Garmin, they gave me a RMA# and I sent it back to them. Three days later, I had a brand new 60CS at my doorstep, NO CHARGE. Now that is great customer service! I am so pleased with Garmin. I won't own any other GPS. :)

I've read about Garmins great customer service on the forums before, but I had to thank them again for my experience. My 60CS is about 2 years old and the in and out button covering had worn off. Some of the lettering was starting to wear off and I was also having some problems with the power button. I called Garmin, they gave me a RMA# and I sent it back to them. Three days later, I had a brand new 60CS at my doorstep, NO CHARGE. Now that is great customer service! I am so pleased with Garmin. I won't own any other GPS. :)

The norm is for people to only voice bad news. Bad news travels a lot faster than good news. Satisfied customers rarely speak up. I have noticed on this forum that there are more kudos than complaints about Garmin customer service. Congradulations Garmin you are doing it right.

TimK54

I had sent an email on Sunday 3-26 to Garmin with a few problems I had when I updated my 60 Csx to the beta software 2.62. I received an email Monday 3-27 that the information was being passed on. Passed on to where, I don't know. Tuesday 3-28 I received a call from Garmin. Garmin is sending me a new unit next day air. Garmin wants to test the unit to see if they can figure out why it did what it did. The Garmin units auto-route wonderfully and has great sat reception. I didn't really think I was going to hear from Garmin. I was just hoping that the info I passed on would help in software development. While companies try to find ways to cut cost and offer horrible customer support, out of country support with horrible english skills, Garmin continues to offer its customers with quick, polite and accurate information. Fortune 500 companies take note.

Willmmmmaaa!!! I'mmm getting a new GPS!!!!!!!!! :)

I've read about Garmins great customer service on the forums before, but I had to thank them again for my experience. ...

Ditto on the fantastic Garmin customer service. My story:

When the 60CS unit was introduced a couple of years ago I got one and convinced a friend of mine to get one too. Mine always worked well but he was always complaining about his not acquiring satellites or losing signal when walking under even a light leaf canopy. I figured he was mischaracterizing the conditions or was using the unit in canyons or some such thing.

Then he happened to be in town and brought his 60CS with him. I tried it out and he was right! His unit's signal acquisition was miserable. Side by side with my unit, when my unit was tracking 12 satellites with strong signals, his would be tracking 5 with weak signals.

I called Garmin on his behalf and explained the situation to the Tech Support person and that the unit had performed like this since it was new 2 years ago. They extended the warranty period, we sent the 60CS in for service and Garmin replaced the unit with one that performs just like mine.

Garmin is fantastic at standing behind their products!

TM

"3 men stay at a motel. The front desk charges them $30.00 for a room. They split the cost $10 each. Later the manager tells the desk man that he overcharged them, the cost should have been $25. The manager gives the bellboy $5 and tells him to give it to the men. The bellboy cheats the men and pockets $2, giving each of them only one dollar. Now each man has paid $9 to stay in the room. 3 x $9 = $27. The bellboy pocketed $2. $27 + $2 = $29 - so where is the missing dollar?"

There is no missing dollar. $27 was what the 3 men paid, not $30. You're not suppose to ADD the $2 the bellboy stole, you're suppose to subtract it from the $27 to get to the original $25 cost. That's a slight of hand or math.

Garmin makes some very reliable units. I have owned several and the number of problems I have had with them are very few. However when they do have a problem whether self induced(dropped a rock on the screen) or minor (lettering rubbed off) they have been very quick to fix it.

Don't worry about your unit.