Thinking Of Releasing Hockey Puck Tb

wingnut16

Just got into the game about a month ago. I have found several cache and I am currently putting together my first cache. I was thinking of releasing a hockey puck with a travel bug attached. Its goal would be to vist Detroit maybe even go to a Redwings game. Any thought on this? Has anyone every tried a Hockey puck TB? Did someone just pocket it? Please feel free to give any suggestion, ideas, and comments. I have curretly been reading the longevity thread and now I am having second thoughts. I don't want to put out a TB just to have it pocketed soon after release. I understand that is the risk you take when releasing a TB, but there is no sense in it becoming a mantle piece and in the TB graveyard long before its time.

Thanks for any suggestion, ideas, and comments ahead of time.

Wingnut16

I think a puck sounds just fine.

Get one of those eyehole screws to attach the tag to. Drill a small hole in the side of the puck and put some superglue in the hole so the screw stays in place. It'd be a lot of work to remove the screw just to get a puck.

istockphoto_640359_hooks.jpg

Edited by BlueDeuce

How about a real backyard Canajun 'ockey puk? HEYSHAWNSKI's got a genuine 'rink' puck visiting outdoor rinks right now! Check out the 'Harcourt Hockey Puck' (TBHYVC) that started in 'downtown' Harcourt, Ontario. He's a well bruised and chewed, fellow - typical of the 'pick-up' games of Satiddy Nite, if summon 'members tu tern the lites on. Sum puks is just too righteous fer keepin.

We sent out a hockey puck TB as well. It's goal was just to visit all the cities, rinks, etc. that it could and maybe even go to a game. Right now it's stuck in Washington State at a cache that's not accessible during the winter. Hopefully after the spring melt it will make its way to Canada and then beyond.

It'll be fun to see where yours goes too!

We sent out a hockey puck TB as well. It's goal was just to visit all the cities, rinks, etc. that it could and maybe even go to a game. Right now it's stuck in Washington State at a cache that's not accessible during the winter. Hopefully after the spring melt it will make its way to Canada and then beyond.

It'll be fun to see where yours goes too!

How sad! A Hockey Puck stranded for the winter! Wait till he gets up here to Canada! He'll only be 'stuck' during our summer, which is usually July 14th and 15th.

Well, I have activated my hockey puck TB "HOCKEYTOWN Puck" TBPXJ0! I will be releasing it this weekend in my first geocache. So let the jounrey begin for this puck and we will see where it ends up. Thanks for the advice and opinions. I hope my travel bug make it to a cache near you.

Wingnut16

That would be neat. I don't think I've ever actually seen or held a hockey puck. Send it south so we can see one.

What?! That's outrageous! Next you'll tell me you have never been ice fishing or eaten a pastie! :D

Hey, you have the Nashville Predators and they always play our Wings hard. You should go see a game sometime. Hockey is one of the last few honest sports.

Now back to the puck TB discussion. I would still love to take that puck to the Joe in a couple of weeks. Can anyone arrange getting that puck up this way?

Cheers!

4Hounds

4hounds that would be sweet, but the HOCKEYTOWN puck is sitting in my cache in Nevada. Unless we can get a series of cachers willing to move this thing in a hurry I do not see it happen this hockey season. Not to mention I am in the heart of Shark country. :grin: and get this the FTF, a sharks fan, was afraid to touch the puck. He's probably never been ice fishing either. :)

Wingnut16