Geocaching Article

Hello,

Just had to tell everyone, I'm quite pleased as the Welsh Mensa magazine have decided to publish my article about Geocaching. How many people will read it I don't know - the Welsh magazine is sent out along with the national one, so perhaps people just chuck it away without reading it - I'm not sure!

Anyway - even if only a handful of people see it, I thought it might be interesting to share info about our hobby. And I have to be honest, I'm quite looking forward to seeing my name in print. Yay!

Becky

Hehe, high IQ maybe, but that doesn't mean Mensa members have any common sense! I am absolutely rubbish with puzzle caches, it took me four months to work out the 'Compare/Contrast' cache co-ordinates.

There is a newish cache near my home in Swansea 'Display valuable lettered arithmetic' it's called - I can work out that this refers to the DVLA, but what the co-ordinates are... no idea whatsoever!!

Pride comes before a fall, as they say, so knowing my luck, they'll change their mind at the last minute and decide not to print it. But if they do, I'll put a copy here. Will people slate me too much though, as I have mentioned one of my own caches in it?!

Edited by ryme-intrinseca

There is a newish cache near my home in Swansea 'Display valuable lettered arithmetic' it's called - I can work out that this refers to the DVLA, but what the co-ordinates are... no idea whatsoever!!

Have a good search of the DVLA web site, thats where I found the answer - not done the cache itself yet though

Well done on getting your article published!!

I picked up George Fisher's in house magazine yesterday who are also running an article on Geocaching - here's a link.

(For those who don't know, Fisher's is an outdoor shop here in Keswick.)

Edited to add: it's on page 6!

Edited by The Golem

Any last requests? :):D

You have to forgive me for being paranoid - on some of the message boards I belong to (e.g. Sims 2 - anyone play that game?), people just can't wait for an opportunity to make negative comments about other users!

:laughing: Good heavens!

:huh:Do they?

That would never happen in here!

:anibad: MrsB

(Well done on your article :D )