Win A Free Limited Edition, Antique Silver, Bikedog Coin!

Cornerstone4

I have 2 of the LE bikedog coins with an antique silver finish.

I have been debating on what to do with them, and I think I have an idea.

I wanted to try to do something a little different. We talked about having a raffle for one, where everyone can buy entries for $1 each. But, so far, nobody has shown me a way this can work without a lot of headaches.

So, in case that option becomes a reality, I will sit on one of the coins. (Not literally, so don't worry.) ;)

Now, for the other coin, I thought I would try something a little different...

Many of you bought extra coins that you are going to, or have already released to travel. I think this is a great thing to do in Jerry's honor. This will keep his memory alive, and will allow others to grab the cool icon.

So, in that spirit, I am launching 3 coins out myself.

In order to encourage releasing coins, I propose a contest...(and I exclude myself from winning.)

Get those extra coins out to travel. On October 1st of this year, the coin that has logged the most miles will win the LE coin. Virtual miles do not count. Please do not mail coins to people to have them place them in remote caches. I know this isn't a perfect contest, but I hope it gets some coins out there.

I'm also sure someone is going to point out a major flaw in my thinking, but I'm willing to take that chance. I picked October 1st since it is just over 6 months away, and it will give coins the chance to hitch rides over Summer Vacations. Bugs already out there have a head start, but let's face it, travel bugs travel sporadically at best, so this may not matter.

I do not have the time, nor the desire to police this, so you are on your honor. If you cheat, you may win, and I will give you the coin.

The green flag just dropped...and they're off!

Edited by Cornerstone4

I had a business trip up in Chico, CA on Friday. I brought three of the bikedog coins with me to release. I figured I would bring the area something "new."

Well, imaging my surprise when I opened up a cache...and found a bikedog coin already in there!

So, I grabbed it, and will drop in off down here in the San Diego area. UTChaz just got some mileage on his coin for the contest!

Bikehead, if you already have some bikedog coins, just get them moving. Otherwise, either email me, GoBolts!, or PassingWind to get some coins. (Since I know you are down here in our area.)