Shortest Time From Placed To Logged?

I don't know if there is such a thing as the record shortest time from placed until it is found and logged on GC.com. I placed a cache about 4pm today and it was reviewed and published 12 minutes from the time I submitted it. (that may also be a record) A local FTF master found it and logged it by 7pm. So about 3 hours total. Anyone seen a shorter one?

Edited by two left feet

I don't know if there is such a thing as the record shortest time from placed until it is found and logged on GC.com. I placed a cache about 4pm today and it was reviewed and published 12 minutes from the time I submitted it. (that may also be a record) A local FTF master found it and logged it by 7pm. So about 3 hours total. Anyone seen a shorter one?

Yes much faster. Listed before it was finished being edited and then FTF'd in 8 minutes

and Im sure thats not the winner either

Ever get the feeling you are being followed? :)

Ever get the feeling you are being followed? :)

Or monitored with electronic devices. Hmmm maybe the government anti-terrorist folks think our activities are odd and require monitoring. After all we do give coordinates that might be targets and we use coded messages, fake user names and strange jargon. Might even be some moles amoung us.

I can beat all of these. One of my caches was found before it was published. Link

Seems another cacher was in the area and thought, "Gee, this would be a nice spot for a cache." When he tried to place his cache, he heard an odd 'thunk,' fumbled around, and pulled out my cache, which was awaiting approval.

I also had one found before it was listed. I had a TB given to me at an event cache by its owner. So I decided to put in a cache I had planned (GCQ626). Well, I hid the cache, put the TB in it and waited for approval. The owner of the TB got an email notification about the movement of his TB. He went to the TB page, found the rough coordinates of the cache and found it the day before it was listed. Now I know NOT to put TB's in caches until they are approved!! The tb owner is the local caching god, so it wasn't too surpising he found it this way.

Edited by MCGuy

Ever get the feeling you are being followed? :P

Or monitored with electronic devices. Hmmm maybe the government anti-terrorist folks think our activities are odd and require monitoring. After all we do give coordinates that might be targets and we use coded messages, fake user names and strange jargon. Might even be some moles amoung us.

OK. Evryone put on your tinfoil hats! :P

The first one I placed was approved on a Friday evening. A local cacher knew I was placing it and hoped to be FTF. She told me that she was second on Saturday afternoon, the FTF had found it Friday morning, 45 minutes AFTER I had placed it, according to the logbook. I couldn't figure out how it had been found while I was submitting it.

The FTF had written in the wrong date!

Think I've got you all beat ... I place a cache on my way to work at approximately 9:30am ... upon getting to work I submit the writeup with the coordinates I had taken at approximately 9:45am. I do a quick check of the coordinates against Google Earth and notice that they are pointing somehow to the wrong side of the building, so I review the cache again and see that I transposed a digit. Go to edit the cache details to update the coordinates (9:48am) and I can't! Reason: It's just been published! So, quick note to update coordinates in order and that's fixed a minute or so later.

So ... cache placed 9:30, cache report filed 9:45, cache publish 9:48. This new reviewer in our area sure is on top of things! GCV4V4

As for logging, I had literally just walked in the door from dropping some scouts off after a weekend camping trip when a new cache email arrives for a cache that was less than 0.25 mile from my house. I immediately hopped back in the car, drove down to the cache, and found it a few minutes later. Time of announcement to time of find ... less than 5 minutes. I don't know exactly when the cache was published however (since there is a lag in the email sometimes on the "new" published emails), so this could or could not be a record depending on how you look at it. (GCRCNJ)

Edited by Lasagna

Ever get the feeling you are being followed? :laughing:

OK. Evryone put on your tinfoil hats! :rolleyes:

TinFoilHat_puton.jpg

edit for photo I was looking for in the 1st place.

Edited by hikergps

Ever get the feeling you are being followed? :o

OK. Evryone put on your tinfoil hats! :bad:

actually don't those inprove there able to read minds !

Somehow, I don't think THIS CACHE I have submitted will beat any of those records. The problem with low population areas is I can see a new cache hidden in my area and wait about a week before looking for it and still get a FTF. We had one cache in town that lasted about a full year before its first find. The one I linked above might beat it :/

Most caches in this area are found within a couple hours of being published.

Yes, but this cache was found within 3 hours of being PLACED. I have had a lot found quickly after they were published but that could be one to two days after placing it. The stars must have been aligned right. Because I don't usually go out and place a cache and then rush home to get it listed.