Your Input Wanted

elgecko

I wear a lot of t-shirts. One hard thing I have is finding shirts I would like to wear. So I do not have many.

I decided to play with iron on transfers so I could make my own shirts. I have made a few already, but decided to make one about caching.

Thanks to my gecko being in this pose. (Might be using this for a 2007 GeckoCoin design). Here's the t-shirt design I've made.

tshirt_gecko.jpg

I have my screen name at the top of the picture. Do you think it would be best if I left that off?

How about the "In search of the next cache" or maybe "On the lookout for the next cache"? Maybe another fitting phrase?

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Is it just me or are there 2 different fonts? As for adding in a GPS, how 'bout removing the log and having the gecko pearched on the GPS?

The catch phrase at the bottom is good. If you wanted to market the shirt (for sale), I'd leave the name off; you'll sell more. If this is a 'for me and friends' shirt, I'd leave it on there. IMHO

Thanks for the replies.

I did not think that anyone would actually want one. It was something I was playing around with to wear when I go out caching, and fellow cachers would be able to know what I was doing if they did not see my GPS and read the shirt.

I would be printing it out and ironing it onto a T-shirt myself. I've made a few shirts now and finding out how they hold up. I have found a forum for with some hints and ideas about different transfers and how to get them to hold up.

I bought cheap transfers and already the shirts I made have small cracks forming on the transfer after 2 washes.

I will be ordering some professional grade transfers the end of next week when they get them in again. This is what I will use for my gecko shirt. Also I might find a place that might carry them locally or at least have a press that I could pay them a small fee to press the transfer on as it is much better then using an iron at home, at least that is what I've read so far.

Here are 3 shirts I've experiment with so far. I grow many carnivorous plants and decided to make a few shirts up to how this is going to work.

t-shirt.jpg

tnraff.jpg

thamatafull.jpg

Googling Hrpty Hrrs,

Nice gecko.

I wish the other 6 geckos I have were not complaining "Why did that particular one get his picture on a T-shirt and not us?" :anicute: I just throw in a couple crickets and they forget all about it. :cool:

After all reading on the hints of making iron on transfers I decided to try the ones I have again. I do have to say the transfer is much better then the others I've made so far.

Here's the finished T.

tgecko.jpg

So if you see this T while out caching or maybe in the mall, you will know it's me.

If you *wanted* to be able to make this design available for other people to purchase, you could submit your shirt design to Zazzle.com (not linking because I don't know if that's OK with the Forum Regs.)

If you submit a design to them, and say it's available for anyone to purchase, they'll give you a discount on your shirts.

If you're interested.

(Note: I do not work for them, do not own stock in Zazzle.com, I'm not related to anyone that works for them or makes money off them in any way. I have never submitted a shirt design to them because I don't have anything nearly cool enough in the way of a design to do so.)

In my seldom humble opinion, both your caching shirt and the plant shirts are commercially viable. You REALLY should offer them from a web site. Locate a nearby screen printer shop (there are gazillions of them in every phone book) and get set up with them on a "print on demand" basis.

You might want to use your screen name as the "Copyright by..." name. Either work in the "Circle C" elgecko logo into the artwork itself, or print it in a reduced font in the lower-right corner of the art frame.

I asume of course that the cocnept of making money is not distasteful to you ;)

Thanks again for the comments.

I skimmed over the Zazzle site. I might take that into consideration. Then anyone could buy them if they want.

The Crazy H Crew,

Go to Walmart, Office Max, Target and buy iron on transfers. I'm going to try this paper when they get it in again.

http://www.dharmatrading.com/html/eng/2443492-AA.shtml

Make your graphic design in a program of your choice on the computer. I use Photoshop myself.

Print it out onto the transfer paper. If using text on light color transfers, do not forget to mirror the image so the text is not backwards.

Cut design out close to the image you printed.

Iron on the shirt.

Here is a forum that I picked up some great hints which help out greatly on the last shirt I made.

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?board=147.0

Hope this helps.

Well.. it seems you already made the shirt.... Looks great....

I was going to throw my 2 cents in, but it maybe a little late, maybe for future shirts.

Last year in September, I designed about 20 shirts for wear during my best friend's bachelor party.

The design that I used was placing the logo/icon on the upper left chest area and a LARGE version in the center on the back, with our handle or last name in large print above that.

We looked like a weird sports team of some sort going out for a night on the town. :D

The gecko being perched on a GPS would really get the point across especially with a blurb about caching.

There's my 2 cents....

Zeph