Did You Send Me A Coin?

chrisgun

Howdy, all...

I received an empty padded white envelope today with a slit down the side and nothing inside. The return address is not one I'm familiar with, and there was no name as the return sender... It's from Moore, OK 73160. Does anybody know who this might be? Postage paid was $0.63, so it was probably only one coin.

Since I don't have the address in my Coin Trading folder, I'm guessing it's somebody I purchased a coin from. If anybody knows a coin trader in that area, could you let me know? Perhaps it will jog my memory on a trade I owe or something.

Thanks for your help...

Chris

In the "What's in your Mailbox?" thread, GBOTS also had an empty Moore, OK, envelope and Team Sand Dollar said she got hers although her envelope was also torn open and it was the Oklahoma coin.

After sleeping on it (the idea, not the envelope :mad: I realized that I had probably purchased an OK/TAG coin, and the other three coming to me will be through my coin buying group. So, that has to be who this is from. My applogy for doubting AG earlier.... Thanks, GB. I'll contact them.

Howdy, all...

I received an empty padded white envelope today with a slit down the side and nothing inside. The return address is not one I'm familiar with, and there was no name as the return sender... It's from Moore, OK 73160. Does anybody know who this might be? Postage paid was $0.63, so it was probably only one coin.

Since I don't have the address in my Coin Trading folder, I'm guessing it's somebody I purchased a coin from. If anybody knows a coin trader in that area, could you let me know? Perhaps it will jog my memory on a trade I owe or something.

Thanks for your help...

Chris

It was me.

I sent you a USA geocoin and you were supposed to send me a Moun10bike coin in return. Don't tell me that you are going to try to weasel out of our deal just because my coin got lost.

I still expect that Moun10bike coin.

:blink:

I must have good karma or something. I have never had an empty envelope show up at my place and only 1 with any sort of hole in it. Maybe I shouldn't have said anything though.

You better find some wood to start knocking on :blink:

Edit for quote(so my statement makes sense)

Edited by The_Proffens

When I started trading my personal coins back in July 2005 I used plain white envelopes for ONE week. I lost 2 coins from the start. I quickly switched to the padded mailers and replaced the lost coins. Since losing those first coins, my wife takes a little extra time and places packaging tape around all the edges of our bubble mailers to "Strengthen" them up. I haven't lost a coin since. :o I've gotten many mailers without people taping the sealed edge, and the envelope can easily be opened to remove the coin and reseal, not good.

I have had a couple torn plain white envelopes come in, and luckily the coins were still inside. Recently I had 2 white bubble mailers arrive, One package came with my Tulsa coin purchase, and the edge was worn very thin, but the coin was OK. The other was cut/worn on the edge from a postal worker or mail sorting machine, without the coin inside. The sender quickly resent the missing coin. Those white bubble mailers seem to be a little thinner than some of the yellow ones. Those white plastic bubble mailers are strong!

Now if the guy I trade with in Canada could just remember to place the coins in an envelope then in the mail that I've ordered, I'd be in good shape. I finally get them after long waits and a couple inquisitive emails. :(

When I started trading my personal coins back in July 2005 I used plain white envelopes for ONE week. I lost 2 coins from the start. I quickly switched to the padded mailers and replaced the lost coins. Since losing those first coins, my wife takes a little extra time and places packaging tape around all the edges of our bubble mailers to "Strengthen" them up. I haven't lost a coin since. :D I've gotten many mailers without people taping the sealed edge, and the envelope can easily be opened to remove the coin and reseal, not good.

I have had a couple torn plain white envelopes come in, and luckily the coins were still inside. Recently I had 2 white bubble mailers arrive, One package came with my Tulsa coin purchase, and the edge was worn very thin, but the coin was OK. The other was cut/worn on the edge from a postal worker or mail sorting machine, without the coin inside. The sender quickly resent the missing coin. Those white bubble mailers seem to be a little thinner than some of the yellow ones. Those white plastic bubble mailers are strong!

Now if the guy I trade with in Canada could just remember to place the coins in an envelope then in the mail that I've ordered, I'd be in good shape. I finally get them after long waits and a couple inquisitive emails. :D

I use the same method of taping the flap and all around the edges. I also sandwiche and tape the coins in between cardboards roughly the same size as the inside of the mailer, to prevent the coins from sliding around.

In nearly 60 trades so far, I have never lost a coin in transit. I think the extra care is well worth it, you get a happy trading partner in the deal. :(

P.S. I'm not the one mentioned in the bottom of the note, although the mail delivery has been very slow on a few occasions. :o

Edited by Big JohnP