Has Anyone Seen The New Magazine Navigationgames.com?

GOOD CATCH! Just trying to promote it to new folks. Doesn't seem quite so intrusive if it's passive rather than promoted. For some reason, many people would rather discover something on their own than be marketed to.

We're looking to establish regular articles on Geocaching which would include: events, Must Find Caches, how to's, GPS reviews, different kinds of caching, etc. It's a cross-over publication between all sports navigation related. No, it's not for everyone, but it's a start, and it's another way to get the word out on a sport that many people wouldn't otherwise realize existed. Hope you like it. Rick Eastman

Alot of Adventure Racers & Orienteers are also Geocachers and vice versa

GOOD CATCH! Just trying to promote it to new folks. Doesn't seem quite so intrusive if it's passive rather than promoted. For some reason, many people would rather discover something on their own than be marketed to.

It's far worse to be lied to, guy. I hope you realize that.

Good luck with your publishing venture. Although I saw a few ads, I do agree that you'd benefit from hiring the advertising salesperson like you talked about on page 17. The classifieds section on page 35 is forward thinking. "You're ad here" repeated over and over again can be a most effective marketing tool.

Excuse me now while I go wash my hands. I feel all Mopar-ish.

Hmmm... what was that I read somewhere about using the forums to pimp your commercial venture? Oh yea:

Commercial Postings/Solicitations are not allowed. Commercial content as a direct or indirect (either intentional or non-intentional) attempt to solicit customers through a forum post will be edited or deleted.

And 16 finds in 2.5yrs? I guess what they say is true.

Those who can, do.

Those who can't, try to tell others how to do it.

[Gratuitous sex and violence involving leprechauns, hamsters, and a tent removed by Keystone]

Edited by Keystone

Thanks Mopar, you proved my point exactly. Be bringing up "the rules", you've shown us all that their are those that would rather discover it on your own than have someone tell you about it. I guess it was my hope that most Geocachers would want to know about a new Nationwide venue to show the world what this wonderful sport is about. I still think I'm right. Why are you spending so much time answering forums and not out Geocaching?

Those 16 finds were the 16 my kids talked me into posting and don't tell the real story of hundreds we've found but never log. Why bother, we're good!

I'm the last person in the world that would want to spam anyone with something they don't want to see. So please, if you don't want to know about it, please don't waste your time replying. That's the nice thing about the "Subject Line", you don't have to open it. If however you're at all interested in navigation related stuff, which happens to include Geocaching, you might just like it.

I'm feeling all defensive here and I must apologize. I do this because I love it and I hope you do to.

Rick

Thanks Mopar, you proved my point exactly. Be bringing up "the rules", you've shown us all that their are those that would rather discover it on your own than have someone tell you about it. I guess it was my hope that most Geocachers would want to know about a new Nationwide venue to show the world what this wonderful sport is about. I still think I'm right. Why are you spending so much time answering forums and not out Geocaching?

Those 16 finds were the 16 my kids talked me into posting and don't tell the real story of hundreds we've found but never log. Why bother, we're good!

I'm the last person in the world that would want to spam anyone with something they don't want to see. So please, if you don't want to know about it, please don't waste your time replying. That's the nice thing about the "Subject Line", you don't have to open it. If however you're at all interested in navigation related stuff, which happens to include Geocaching, you might just like it.

I'm feeling all defensive here and I must apologize. I do this because I love it and I hope you do to.

Rick

I think Mopar spends a lot of time in the forums because he truly loves the sport. This is backed up by his 903 logged finds, which are current through May of last year. He's notoriously behind with his logs. I'm quite confident that his hundreds of unlogged finds would stack up quite favorably against your hundreds of unlogged finds. :)

What about replying to the substance of his post? Are you saying that you *did* obtain prior permission from Groundspeak before posting commercial content to a commercial free forum? 'Cause Jeremy's posts would tend to suggest otherwise.

He just posted a website dude - dishonestly yes, but its still just a site. Cut him some slack. The magazine actually looks vaguely interesting. I suppose it was a commercial post - yes naughty naughy, but don't blow a fuse over it. Jeremy could have/would have deleted it if it had really been that serious a breach of protocol.

For "SOME" reason? So the marketing department remains clueless...

Dang it!! Look at the time I wasted in replying to this post!

I didn't mean it that way. I respect your opinion. I just meant that Jeremy really didn't seem all that upset about the matter.

Upset is when someone runs over your dog. This was just a dumb tactic. I'm more nonplussed about it.

It is, of course, unacceptable to do such a thing here and violates the forum guidelines. It was just so brazenly dumb it had to be pointed out.

Upset is when someone runs over your dog. This was just a dumb tactic. I'm more nonplussed about it.

It is, of course, unacceptable to do such a thing here and violates the forum guidelines. It was just so brazenly dumb it had to be pointed out.

Nonplussed!!! You basically ripped the guy a new ASCII hole ... in your own unique and humorous way. Boy, I would hate to see you when your panties are in bunch. :)

It's far worse to be lied to, guy. I hope you realize that.

Jeremy, very well put! To be lied to because someone has an agend of pushing sales of their own product, well, that tends to breed distrust and even disdain.

For those of you who aren't upset by my means of sharing this with you, I hope you like it. It's for you, it was alot of work, and it's free. Cheers.

Maybe you'll like this better: Read Navigation Games Magazine, it's free, it's about navigation related activities, and you might find it entertaining, enlightening and educational.

...And thanks for all the press. Any press is good press they say. My server is already running slow because so many of you are reading it! I'm going to have to order more bandwidth.

A year from now, many of you are going to be reading it, talking about, and telling your friends. Tell em' you heard it here first from the publisher himself.

thanks

Rick