Additional Waypoints

Team Misguided

I know many of the Northwest Forum regulars don't read the general forums or the Geocaching.com website forums. There has been a new feature released that I'd like to call your attention to. This new feature allows you to add additional waypoints to your cache pages. There are many possible uses for these waypoints and they can be visible or hidden. You can read more about it here.

I'm posting to ask everyone who has active puzzle caches and/or multi-caches to please go into your caches and add in the additional waypoints. We have been collecting these in reviewer notes for several years but they are only available as text. There has been no efficient way to check new caches against known waypoints for puzzle & multi caches.

The sooner we can populate the database with these 'Additional Waypoints' the easier it will be for the reviewer team to avoid mistakes like I made this week. Twice in the last two days I've published a cache that was less than 100' from the final of an existing puzzle cache. I checked all the multi/puzzle caches on the nearest list and nothing showed up.

Thanks for your help!!

Edited by Team Misguided

OK, I have done my part to populate the database with all of my puzzles and multis. This is a very handy feature for the cache owner in addition to the vital role it will play for the approvers. I love having coordinates for WPs and final locations all together linked to the cache page - it saves a lot of time when someone asks me for help with one of my puzzles.

Thanks for your post Team Misguided. It is hard to know where every puzzle in Seattle is and I have no idea how I ended up getting close to two in one day...... mayhem!!! One was moved, one was allowed to stay. The updates will help the reviewers a lot I'm sure and reduce embarassment for cache placers in the future.

I'm bumping this topic in an effort to give this feature a little more publicity. It's a huge help to reviewers, but only a fraction of cachers know about it. Be sure to enter your additional waypoints (if applicable) when submitting a new cache, as it will make the review process speedier and more efficient. Thanks!