Instant Notification

kcseagull

I have selected the following:

1-=New Notification

2-Traditional

3-Published and Enable

4-Point of origin - My coordinates

5-Kilometers -80 Note: If I change this to 200 when the page refreshes it will automatically go back to 80

6-I have checked Enable Notificatgion

What am I doing incorrectly?

Kcseagull

I'm sorry, what do you mean Markwell

What he means is that you posted the same question in at least 3 forums.

I will move this one to geocaching.com where the other two threads are, and someone can either merge or lock and keep which ever thread is getting your question asnwered.

When did you set up your insta-notify? Using the coordinates of your first cache hide as a rough approximation of your home location in Mississippi, the nearest cache hidden within the past week was this one in Mobile Alabama, well over 50 miles away. Please review the list of nearby caches and see if there are any examples that meet your notification criteria, but for which no notification was received after you signed up for the service.

I'm still getting notifications whenever a particular cache in town is found. This is not my cache, and is not on a watchlist. This is the only cache that I always get notified about, that is not mine. Wierd! :grin:

1. This is your second post today in which you have spelled the word "weird" incorrectly. The other one was in the Off Topic Forum. I know this because of the Forum Moderator Alert System. To avoid moderator discipline, please spellcheck your posts. If, however, you would *like* moderator discipline, there are several moderators who would be more than happy to do that.

2. By any chance, do you have this cache on a bookmark list that is set to deliver notifications?

3. By any chance, do you or another family member own an alternate account or hosiery marionette which may be directing notifications to the same e-mail address?

I'm still getting notifications whenever a particular cache in town is found.  This is not my cache, and is not on a watchlist.  This is the only cache that I always get notified about, that is not mine.  Wierd!  :ph34r:
1.  This is your second post today in which you have spelled the word "weird" incorrectly.  The other one was in the Off Topic Forum.  I know this because of the Forum Moderator Alert System.

Isn't there something somewhere that says "i before e, except after c"? I dunno, I get confused, so I take turns alternating the spelling. :P And I think that you're starting to take your mod duties a bit too seriously. :huh: Maybe Groundspeak needs to incorporate a spellcheck into the forums. :)

To avoid moderator discipline, please spellcheck your posts.  If, however, you would *like* moderator discipline, there are several moderators who would be more than happy to do that.

Really? Who? :ph34r::ph34r:

2.  By any chance, do you have this cache on a bookmark list that is set to deliver notifications?

Not at all. I've checked, and there is no reason whatsoever for this to be occuring. I'm flummoxed.

3.  By any chance, do you or another family member own an alternate account or hosiery marionette which may be directing notifications to the same e-mail address?

Um, no. :ph34r:

I'm still getting notifications whenever a particular cache in town is found.  This is not my cache, and is not on a watchlist.  This is the only cache that I always get notified about, that is not mine.  Wierd!  :ph34r:
1.  This is your second post today in which you have spelled the word "weird" incorrectly.  The other one was in the Off Topic Forum.  I know this because of the Forum Moderator Alert System.

Isn't there something somewhere that says "i before e, except after c"? I dunno, I get confused, so I take turns alternating the spelling. :P And I think that you're starting to take your mod duties a bit too seriously. :huh: Maybe Groundspeak needs to incorporate a spellcheck into the forums. :)

To avoid moderator discipline, please spellcheck your posts.  If, however, you would *like* moderator discipline, there are several moderators who would be more than happy to do that.

Really? Who? :ph34r::ph34r:

2.  By any chance, do you have this cache on a bookmark list that is set to deliver notifications?

Not at all. I've checked, and there is no reason whatsoever for this to be occuring. I'm flummoxed.

3.  By any chance, do you or another family member own an alternate account or hosiery marionette which may be directing notifications to the same e-mail address?

Um, no. :ph34r:

Do you guys need a private place to chat so the OP can get his question answered?

Several weeks

I missed this when I answered you previously. I ran a pocket query centered on your oldest active multicache, asking for traditional caches only, within 80 kilometers, and hidden within the past month. There was only one cache returned by this query: this one, hidden on January 13th. I see you've already found that one.

So unless your multicache is a great distance from your home coordinates, I think the answer to your question is that you are not receiving instant notifications because nobody is hiding any new traditional caches in your area. I am sorry about that!

Edited by The Leprechauns

Leprechauns:

Thanks for your reply. I'm still not sure what is going on with this thing but I'll keep after it and see if it can be solved. I really appreciate your effort. I apologize for all the confusion, but the listing kept getting moved around and someone fussing about the spelling in some poor guys listing and etc. and etc.

I hope we will all remember that Geocaching was once fun.

Regards,

Kcseagull

I am very glad you found my research helpful. I hope that someone hides a cache nearby very soon, so that the notification system will work for you!

And you're right... don't worry about the spelling police. Some of the forum moderators are wound up a bit too tight, and that particular one suffers from multiple personality disorder.

I am very glad you found my research helpful. I hope that someone hides a cache nearby very soon, so that the notification system will work for you!

And you're right... don't worry about the spelling police. Some of the forum moderators are wound up a bit too tight, and that particular one suffers from multiple personality disorder.

Yeah, I keep telling Keystone to relax, but he just won't listen to me. :ph34r::ph34r:

Eh, we all wub each other. :ph34r::ph34r:

One thing you might do is set up a PQ centered on your home coords. Only pick up new traditionals within the radius you have on the instant notify. Then you have a second place to look to see whether you should be getting a notification or not. You can set it up with no date to run and then click preview from time to time to see what is there.

Isn't there something somewhere that says "i before e, except after c"?  I dunno, I get confused, so I take turns alternating the spelling.  :ph34r:  And I think that you're starting to take your mod duties a bit too seriously.  :ph34r:  Maybe Groundspeak needs to incorporate a spellcheck into the forums.  :ph34r:

Agree that spell check would make for easier reading, but sometimes the spelling that we see is also an indication of the mind with which we are attempting to converse. Often very telling information.....

Ambrosia.. this is a comment on your observation ..not your spelling. :ph34r:

Isn't there something somewhere that says "i before e, except after c"?  I dunno, I get confused, so I take turns alternating the spelling.  :ph34r:  And I think that you're starting to take your mod duties a bit too seriously.  :ph34r:  Maybe Groundspeak needs to incorporate a spellcheck into the forums.  :huh:

Agree that spell check would make for easier reading, but sometimes the spelling that we see is also an indication of the mind with which we are attempting to converse. Often very telling information.....

Ambrosia.. this is a comment on your observation ..not your spelling. :ph34r:

I sure hope so. :P:ph34r: