Gpxsonar Field Notes

I have been using GpsView on my PDA go paperless, but you can't add notes.

GpxSonar, in contrast, allows Field Notes, and I tried it in a field this weekend! ;)

But....I keep losing my Field Notes on GpxSonar.

I bring up the field notes, mark as found, datestamp, then add some comments.

If I do anything else at all with my PDA, or it goes to sleep, I lose them all. :D

What am I doing wrong?

There is an issue with GPXsonar on Windows Mobile 5 PDAs, there's a config folder that doesn't get created when GPXsonar is installed. That folder MIGHT need to be there for the notes to be stored. If the config folder doesn't exist under your gpxsonar folder, create it and see if that helps your problem. Hopefully the new version of Sonar will be released soon that adresses this and other bugs. Looking forward to it!

I have been trying to discover how to add the Config folder to my GPXSonar folder. Truth is, while I am using the program, it only shows the EXE on the listing of files and programs and I don't understand how to add the folder to correct the loss of notes and found file.

I initially thot the problem was a configuration problem from GSAK, but after reading the notes and forum responses I can see it is in the GPXSonar.

Can you help?

Just a thought. Have you, while showing a list of caches in GPZSonar, tapped the tools menu, then Export/Field Notes/to GSAK? If not there may not be the file of notes created for GSAK to pick up.

Thanx, I'll try it. I've also had some suggestions to create the Config file under GPXSonar and I've tried to do it, but the program loads as an .EXE file and isn't in a folder. Sooo, I'm looking for a way to create the fold in GPXSonar. Thanx again.

GpxSonar, in contrast, allows Field Notes, and I tried it in a field this weekend! :)

If I do anything else at all with my PDA, or it goes to sleep, I lose them all. :)

What am I doing wrong?

Yes, I have the exact same problem. It happened big time yesterday. I came home and read through these forums and those on GPXSonar site. Seems to be a known problem but not totally resolved. The workaround I'm using is uninstall and reinstall. Wish me luck.

el Jim

I have the exact same problem. :D

GpxSonar, in contrast, allows Field Notes, and I tried it in a field this weekend! :)

If I do anything else at all with my PDA, or it goes to sleep, I lose them all. :D

What am I doing wrong?

Well I was having the same problem but we saw on another forum about going in and making a config file in the gpx sonar program folder. and this keeps all the notes and just in case also make a export file as well,

This saves them and it even keeps them til i sync or use notes cleaner.

Now my problem is getting them from ipag to gsak and out of notes on word pad .

any ideas. :D