Steam Train Cache Event Last Year

Having done a train up a mountain and a trip on a Steam train, I was wondering if there is enough interest to organise a cache event with a trip along the River Weaver Navigation combined with a trip on the Anderton Boat Lift?

Proposed date 15th of April, departure time 10:15. Subject to obtaining enough interest for a group booking (minimum of 12, maximum of 56) at a cost of £9 per adult and £6.50 per child. Passengers on the Boat would comprise exclusively of the group. The ticket includes the Exhibition admission. The Boat is equipped to handle 2 Wheelchair users.

More details can be found here

An Uplifting Day Out GCJR2D is located in the parkland.

Currently I already have 4 for the trip, so only need another 8 to show a interest for me to start organising things (including the venue for the actual cache event).

Dave

I've been on this boat trip, and it's pretty good, if a little long - I think we were on board for about 4 hours!!!! However, they will go wherever you want to go, and it IS a good day out.

You can park right by the boat embarkation place - it's between Weaverham and Bartington (I'm about to move from Weaverham!) and the pub there (The Riverside) do cheap eats (buy one get one free) and I think if the numbers are right they will reserve the conservatory at the rear for you.

I'd be up for it - I'm sure Bargee would be too, and he could give us a running commentary on the Navigation - he REALLY is an expert!!

Anderton lift is certainly an intresting experience. ;) much more from an open deck than the trip boat as well, will be there for the event. might even bring my boat out of the basin for it

As to a commentary hazel, don't be cheeky :lol:

Whewn i first used it British |Waterways were still ironing out the teething problems of relearning to use a 150 year old lift in todays H+S regulated times.

the caisson used to bounce downwards creating a rough sea inside, but know operation is very smooth.

Good choice dave

If you can't get any joy from the Riverside, try the Leigh Arms just the other side of the Acton Swing Bridge!

Can heartily recomend my local " The Stanley arms" aka ' The Tip' ( not for the reason you might think!)

It has a huge beer garden overlooking the boat lift in anderton.

Have you 2 finaly agreed that the Stanely Arms is the best option to try? :mad: Especialy as I've booked the Boat trip now. :mad:

Dave :mad:

Well it depends where you get the boat from...

Which boat company have you booked with - is it the one in Acton Bridge?

If it's the one in Acton Bridge, then you are best with the Riverside, or the Leigh Arms as the boat lift is the other side of Northwich.

If you have booked with someone else (and I'm not sure that there IS any other boat hire place) then the Stanley - however... Bargee, you could always do a Moote and Mattwaggie and organise ANOTHER event in the evening at the Stanley????

Hazel its all been booked through the Anderton Boat lift, we'll be traveling on their own trip boat the Edwin Clarke. Which departs from the Boat lift operations centre  <_<

Dave

Well Dave...

In that case, the Stanley it is!!!

At least Bargee can walk home from there!!! :ph34r:

It'll be a great day - and while we're on the boat we will actually pass one of my caches that Pieman has now adopted - One Hundred Degrees Shame we will be on the water and won't be able to jump off!

Still... looking forward to it (and Bargees commentary on the Weaver Navigation!)

Edited by HazelS
Have you 2 finaly agreed that the Stanely Arms is the best option to try? :o Especialy as I've booked the Boat trip now. <_<

Dave ;)

Err Dave,

i think that hazel has been arguing with herself over the venue :ph34r:

i only posted the once,

look forward to seeing you all again.

must try and lay a few caches now

I've been on this boat trip, and it's pretty good, if a little long - I think we were on board for about 4 hours!!!! However, they will go wherever you want to go, and it IS a good day out.

But what hazels forgets to tell you is that it was a family event and we stopped for a raffle. :blink::)

Yes thats right a raffle and a talk about geneology of our family name. It could probally been done is 2hrs.

Let us know When and Where

Sian

(hazel - good to see your still caching see ya soon)