New Caches

bones1

i have asked this question before but it got lost in the system.how is it that i am a premium member.but when a new cache is set i get a new list of caches and when i think ah i will go there next i find anywhere up to 8 cachers have already been to the cache and found it? i am honestly not in any sort of race for the first to find. twice the email has come in when i have been online.so immediatly i have looked at a cache and its been found days ago??? a merry xmas to you all patandjeff=bones1.

I know what you mean, I got two this morning and one of them has been found already and it was only being released by Eckington! Perhaps the originator has told a friend of his what he is doing, enabling him to get in there first trying out its co-ords and instructions!! have no fear as I feel sure that you'll get plenty of opportunities with others. ;)

I know what you mean, I got two this morning and one of them has been found already and it was only being released by Eckington! Perhaps the originator has told a friend of his what he is doing, enabling him to get in there first trying out its co-ords and instructions!! have no fear as I feel sure that you'll get plenty of opportunities with others. :antenna:

I think I know what caches your referring too here.

I go caching on a regular basis with a mate, we did discuss being FTFs on each others caches to check co-ords etc but ended up agreeing it looks suspicious to everybody else and also its part of the overall game to be FTF. So we have an agreement that after a few others have visited we can visit each others caches and double check co-ords, clues etc.

What I found most irritating recently was a number of caches were placed in close proximity all including Geocoins. Instead of the FTF person doing a geocoin swap between the caches (and thus leaving one or two for the next person) him and his mate took the lot, leaving all the caches clean of coins on day one. :wub:

Mark :angry:

I go caching on a regular basis with a mate, we did discuss being FTFs on each others caches to check co-ords etc but ended up agreeing it looks suspicious to everybody else and also its part of the overall game to be FTF. So we have an agreement that after a few others have visited we can visit each others caches and double check co-ords, clues etc.

Don't tell your friend when you are placing a cache, that way they will get a genuine FTF.

I have a couple of good friends in Edinburgh, but we never tell each other when a new cache is being done, so that any of us have the opportunity to get the FTF.

Don't tell your friend when you are placing a cache, that way they will get a genuine FTF.

I have a couple of good friends in Edinburgh, but we never tell each other when a new cache is being done, so that any of us have the opportunity to get the FTF.

I think I might try this appraoch in the new year. Thanks!