Pocket Pc Geocaching Software

luvlasvegas

Hi Folks,

Any recommendations for a pocket pc gps geocaching software? I am currently using map software not indended for geocaching so not having the ability to enter waypoints and importing them is not easy. The only thing I do now is look at the map in mapquest that is posted for the cache then go to the area until my lat and long are close but this really doesn't work well.

Any suggestions would be great.

Memory-Map Discoverer will give you wonderful software (for both the PC and PPC) and a full set of maps for a given state. I see they have it on sale for the holidays for less than $75. The state set gives you all three scales of USGS topos (1:24k, 1:100k and 1:250k), plus elevation data and a gazeteer of place names.

You can also import your LOC and GPX files directly into the program.

Hi Thx! I noticed that BeeLine is also good for Pocket PC 2003. I send the support an email to see if it's good for Canada also.

Since I'm new to geocaching, can you tell me if maps for geocaching DO NOT include street names correct? Do most people geocache using topo maps only or street names also?

I was looking at memory map and will take another look at it.

11Bravo, Help me out here. I'm less than 24 hours with my PPC...I can download a map from USAphoto to the PPC, but obviously that's not going to get me realtime tracking which is my goal. Do I need a fancy software package to do this, or have you found a way using USAphoto maps & GPS2Dash? Lastly, how do I claibrate USAPhoto maps?

Thanks

Edited by FasterDaddy