Merry Christmas

CENT5

In the spirit of the upcoming Holidays I am putting out TWO Round Trip Alaska Airline Guest passes. These are STANDBY PASSES

I have made them into TB's ALASKA Guest Pass TB #1 and ALASKA Guest Pass TB #2

The TB's are fully transferable should the finders chose to do so.

The TB's will be released within the next 1-6 days. I'd like to put them out as FTF for a new cache but my schedule is probably going to prohibit that from happening. I will most likely just drop them into a cache. I'll drop them as a pair because travel is so much more fun with a friend. :)

The passes allow travel anywhere on the Alaska Airline's route system, (Route Map)though the reality is, there are places that are difficult if not impossible to travel standby into and out of at certain times of the year. Reno and Las Vegas top that list. Some of the Mexico destinations are also pretty full. B)

The passes must be redeemed for tickets no later than 1/15/2006 with travel taking place within 90 days after the tickets are purchased. These are 90% discount passes and typical cost examples for round trip travel are $180.00 SEA to ANC and $80.00 SEA to DEN. There is no guarantee expressed or implied by CENT5 and all travel and expenses are solely the responsibility of the holder of the Guest Pass.

I will gladly assist the winners with travel guidance as I have real time access for flight loads etc. (After 20+ years I also know where and when to fly. :D )

I'd like to wish everyone in the PNW a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS and a Blessed and Happy New Year. B)B)B)

Edited by CENT5

With a some serious help from my Geo-Pal's globalgirl and Prying Pandora we have found a small chunk of virgin territory and are processing a small multi/puzzle cache for the Guest passes to be FTF prize. Nothing too evil, mind you. It will probably be ready around Friday the 16th if I can talk M10B into doing the review and release Friday night (The 16th). Saturday AM should be fun. :P

Edited by CENT5
So, are these caches going to be hidden in Alaska, or Washington?

Sorry AK cacher. The cache is in WA.

On another note. The cache is coming along great thanks to the inimitable globalgirls web skills and Prying Pandora's ammo can and pinpoint coords.

Here's how it should work. In order to keep anyone from "Brute Forcing" the cache for the passes I will keep the passes on my person. At "DAWN" (Civil Twilight to some) on Sat 17 Dec I will meet anyone wishing to go after the FTF at the coords posted on the cache page (Which is the Park entrance.). I will stick around for the fun and present the passes to the FTF'er. I am hoping the get the cache approved after dark on Fri night as there is some critical info on the cache page.

The cache is "Pocket Park Ping Pong" (GCRKB9). I just heard a collective groan. Nope it's not like Pocket Park Pool Parlor at all so no worries.

Can I use one to get out of Iraq? <_<

I wish that could be so.

On another note. It's WAY too dark at dawn, so lets make it sunrise. The coords for the parking area will be posted on the cache page after 8PM on Friday night the 16th. I'll be at those coords at Sunrise the 17th to give out the coords to WPT #1.

A word of warning. There is a Fed Way police officer that lives overlooking the park. I guarantee you a ticket ($95.00) if you are in the park when you are not supposed to be. (I speak from experience here.)

The cache for the FTF Alaska Airlines Guest Passes has been posted. POCKET PARK PING PONG Read the cache page. I will meet any seekers of the FTF Guest Passes on Saturday at Sunrise. The coords on the cache page will be changed to reflect the meeting place on Friday evening after 8PM. After the FTF is taken I will repost the coords for WPT#1.

Happy Holidays

Edited by CENT5

A BIG THANK YOU to CENT5 and all that were searching this morning. It was great to put names and faces together. Now, I'm sure you are all waiting to hear the story.....so here goes:

O-dark-thirty, Mr.& Mrs. TIAG! pull up to the meeting coordinates. Heeding the warning that the park hours were dawn to dusk, not wanting to chance the $95.00 fine, we sat in the car talking. As the clock ticks and dawn approaches, we wonder why no one has shown up. Are we in the right location we ask ourselves? A quick call to Pepper to verify that we had not overlooked something in the cache page. She assures us we're in the right location.

7:15am still no one else has shown...still waiting on the roadside for fear of the nice policeman that overlooks the park. Wait....company....one bright light, two bright lights, three bright lights. Such pretty colors, what shiny badges they have. The local officers make sure were not suspicious characters (even though one of us was wearing a black stocking cap) and give us the green light to enter the park. It's officially past dawn, legal park hours, verified by the authorities.

Still no one in sight, Mr. TIAG! takes a walk through the park. He returns to the meeting coordinates where OBE has joined us. Mr. TIAG! annouces that he found the final! Mrs. thought he was kidding. He disclosed no details of the hide. C5, TM, OBE & Companion, RJ(spelling?), and TIAG! stand and talk for a bit. CENT5 fills us in that the meeting time was SUNRISE. Doh! We had missed something.

Before C5 gives out the first WP, we tell of Mr.'s find. It is determined that only Mrs. TIAG! will hunt since Mr. did not disclose the final location.

The race begins! Everyone scatters to the first WP. Mr. TIAG! stays behind to chat with C5. Mr. describes what he found for the final, CENT5 indicates that wasn't his final. "Go hunt!" said C5. It was announce that Mr. would be joining the hunt. Mr. TIAG! indeed did find a cache, FTF in fact, but not the Ping-Pong Cache.

We'll skip the actual hunt as to not spoil for future hunters. All we can say if that it was well thought out, creative, ingenious and hunted with a great group of cachers. RB joined us at the final.

Mr. TIAG! came up will the final goods when it was all said and done along with the FTF on a cache that appears to not be posted or approved yet. What are the odds of that?

We thoroughly enjoyed the search and hunt. Congrats to OBE on his 900th find! We are truly thankful for this experience and of course the generous FTF gift. Our intent is to use the vouchers to visit Pepper.

We did lot's of CITO at the park. I hope future cachers will continue to do the same. There's plenty more that can be cleaned up in this tiny neighborhood park. Pepper was correct, there was indeed dancing in the woods! Thank you all for a memorable hunt!

Happy Holidays To All. Thank you for the generous gift! TIAG!

It was great to put names and faces together. 

Our intent is to use the vouchers to visit Pepper.

We did lot's of CITO at the park.  I hope future cachers will continue to do the same.  There's plenty more that can be cleaned up in this tiny neighborhood park.  Pepper was correct, there was indeed dancing in the woods!  Thank you all for a memorable hunt!

Happy Holidays To All.  TIAG!

That was, indeed, fun. :D Thanks for all that came. After Mr. TIAG told me he had found the final I was a bit perplexed at what to do. :rolleyes: Fortunately, after the hunt had started he told me what he had found and I realised it wasn't even close to my final and told him "Go Hunt." :D A new cache not posted yet, go figure. :unsure: I must admit there were 2 errors in the cache that were quickly sorted out and corrected. :D (Gotta do the QC stuff thanks all.) Mrs. TIAG was gettin "Down and dirty." at #2. At the final OBE was within inches of the FTF but didn't quite pull it off. :D Mr.TIAG came up with the cache and a grin. :D Congrats OBE on #900 I didn't realise it was a milesone. :D Seems Pepper will have company after the New Year. :D DFW should be a piece of cake and TIAG and I will sort out all the details after the New Year. (Now if I can just coerce a V2 Pepper coin out of the deal I'm sittin pretty :D )

To all the PNW cachers I've met and have yet to meet I wish you all a most MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR I'll see ya'll on the trail.

Edited by CENT5
Seems Pepper will have company after the New Year. :unsure:  DFW should be a piece of cake and TIAG and I will sort out all the details after the New Year.  (Now if I can just coerce a V2 Pepper coin out of the deal I'm sittin pretty :D )

CENT5 consider it a done deal on a v.2 Bell Pepper!

All that you've done with your little helpers PP and GG how could I say no to that kind of request.

It's amazing how one cache and one cacher can touch so many lives over such a long distance.

Oh my DFW, Bush works much better :rolleyes:

Merry Christmas

Pepper

Oh my DFW, Bush works much better :rolleyes:

Merry Christmas

Pepper

LOL Sorry Hon DFW is as close as I can get'em. It is, after all Alaska Airlines. Now them Texans don't recognize anything as being bigger than them so we are quietly making inroads. Merry Christmas.

Seems Pepper will have company after the New Year. :rolleyes:  DFW should be a piece of cake and TIAG and I will sort out all the details after the New Year.  (Now if I can just coerce a V2 Pepper coin out of the deal I'm sittin pretty :D )

CENT5 consider it a done deal on a v.2 Bell Pepper!

All that you've done with your little helpers PP and GG how could I say no to that kind of request.

It's amazing how one cache and one cacher can touch so many lives over such a long distance.

Oh my DFW, Bush works much better :unsure:

Merry Christmas

Pepper

:D:D:D:D:D

This whole adventure, and what's to come of the FTF prize, just puts a big smile on my face. Thanks for sharing the story -- it really made my day.

H-C