Original Contents List

Iowa Tom

We are encouraged, last I looked, to describe or list the original contents of a cache. That is a good idea however, once the cache has been visited many times, we can assume that the original contents are gone. I personally don't keep track.

I am wondering if anyone deletes this information after a time. I have occasionally. If not, what purpose does it have to remain?

-it

I never put it in the cache listing, but I do post a note describing the initial contents and FTF prize if any. Seems to make more sense. I've seen 3 year old listings describing the initial swag load and after that much time it's just not relevant. By putting it in a note, the info is still there if you want to read it, but doesn't get in the way of reading about the cache experience.

It annoys me to no end when I find a cache listing with 15 lines describing the swag placed in the cache 30 months ago. Since I'm not paperless yet, I have to go through and delete these swag lists from the description so I don't waste ink and paper when I print it out. Iowa Tom mentioned that we are encouraged to list the cache's initial contents. Personally, outside of TBs and geocoins, I could care less what's in a cache. That's just me though. Is it really necessary to list each and every thing initially placed in the cache?

It annoys me to no end when I find a cache listing with 15 lines describing the swag placed in the cache 30 months ago. Since I'm not paperless yet, I have to go through and delete these swag lists from the description so I don't waste ink and paper when I print it out. Iowa Tom mentioned that we are encouraged to list the cache's initial contents. Personally, outside of TBs and geocoins, I could care less what's in a cache. That's just me though. Is it really necessary to list each and every thing initially placed in the cache?

I can't add much to this post. I also still use print outs and I waste a lot of paper on unnecessary information.

I listed the contents on my first few caches and realized that after a week they were no longer valid so I removed them and I have never mentioned the original items unless I am going to continue to restock the cache with the same or similar items.

GEO.JOE

In the beginning I included a list, but I realized it was pointless. Eventually I I deleted any one that was still on my pages. I do sometimes take a picture of the cache and its original contents and that stays on the page.

I know some people who log a note when they first release the cache listing the original contents. That's not a bad idea. It doesn't clutter up the page with useless info and is there in case anybody is curious.