Enjoy My New Eu Coin.

Lux

What's the point of these virtual geocoins? Only getting the icon?

Mine is threefold.

1) Allow caches too small to hold a TB/Coin to get one.

2) Provide a method for people to honor micro cache owners for their hard work.

3) Gain a new coin icon on your profile page.

No thanks. If I don't find and hold a coin in my hand and actually move it along I won't log it. If it floats somebody's boat to artificially increase their "finds" and get icons for items they haven't even seen let alone found then I guess that is up to them. I don't cheat at solitaire either.

No thanks. If I don't find and hold a coin in my hand and actually move it along I won't log it. If it floats somebody's boat to artificially increase their "finds" and get icons for items they haven't even seen let alone found then I guess that is up to them. I don't cheat at solitaire either.

Humm...

I don't mind moving a virtual coin but at the same time I like my stats to show what I actually did. :ph34r:

A personal conflict of interest.

If it was a virtual coin Icon I would do it but I really don't want an EU icon when I have not personally found one.

1) Allow caches too small to hold a TB/Coin to get one.

2) Provide a method for people to honor micro cache owners for their hard work.

1. I don't think anyone is actually happy to get the information that there has been virtual coin in your cache. It's only words nothing real.

2. Best way to thank is to find that cache.

But hey these are only my humble opinions. I hope we are not going to see these more in the future.

I find the fact that "virtual" coins bother some people so much that they need to say it in a thread so funny that I've decided to conduct a test. Here's all my geocoin numbers, minus the Moun10Bikes. Knock yourselves out. We'll see who can't resist. :(

I'll edit this post and remove them later tonight, so please do not quote them. I don't want to be getting email from people logging them for the rest of my life.

Oh yes, also please refrain from placing them in any cache other than this one. If you put them anywhere else I'll delete your logs.

<>This is where my coin numbers would have been if you'd read this earlier. :ph34r:<>

Edited by Vargseld? ™

Don't forget to log caches you haven't visited while you're at it. It's usually easier than having to go a long way to get a Project APE icon, for example. ;)

You do realize that when you log coins like this, a subset of other users - quite possibly the majority - are going to view ALL of your stats as suspect.

Don't forget to log caches you haven't visited while you're at it. It's usually easier than having to go a long way to get a Project APE icon, for example. ;)

You do realize that when you log coins like this, a subset of other users - quite possibly the majority - are going to view ALL of your stats as suspect.

1000+ versus 3 is a big difference. To me TB stats are totally seperate from caches and really don't mean a thing. I used to log virtual bugs and coins, but I got tired of it once it became the "hip" thing to do. Caches I'll agree with, but I don't see bugs as being anything super serious. And that... is just my opinion. ;)

I totally agree with Vargseld? ™. Virtual logging of bugs does not affect your stats or at least the total number. So why would it matter? This is totally separate from logging caches that you didn't find. Logging caches affects your total find number, logging bugs does not.

;);)

You may also need to note that if any of the coins were actually found by a person before and logged and they put it on their watch list they will be bombarded by e-mails.

That's a good point for a TB that's travelling. My coins just stick with me and sometimes go to events, where they get flooded with even more logs, though. Anyone watching them will be getting a full inbox regardless of whether the event was in the woods or in the forums.

I have to agree also. The geocoin phenomenon has gotten huge and I will no longer release any myself. There is just no chance that it will travel any farther than the next cacher's pocket/collection. This gives those of us who have recently taken up geocoins a chance to log some past ones and share the ones we have. Don't do it if it bugs you.

What a threat about some innocent coins ;)

I am also collecting coin icons and recently I spend one day to find a MIGO in the Black Forest. One of the few circulating in Germany. Most of them disappeared in coin collections. After hiking up to a mountain top and working my way through hip-high blackberry bushes - which can be very painful - I found the cache and the coin.

Blood, Sweat and Tears I can tell you! With the icon added to my profile I will always remember this perfect day.

Some nice coins and icons are just offered for a virtual find. As much as I would like to log the one or the other ... this is too easy. No pain, no gain, no fun. I would like to have the coin at least in my hands either taking it from a cache or getting it at an event where I will also have nice souvenirs to go with.

However, if others have a different opinion and use this virtual log possibility it's their business and I do not blame them. And whether they have some more icons ... who cares. We are not in a competitive game and everyone sets his own rules.

It's for the fun of it isn't it?

Happy Caching from Germany

Albatross1901

Why would any of us care either way? The last I checked we not in copmeition for fabulous cash prizes. Play the way you want to play. Who are we trying to be (not be) honest with? Ourselves?

If someone "cheats" what is at stake here? Nothing.

There goes 2 minutes worth of typing that I will never get back.

Some of you that are collecting coins and they just sit on your shelf for no one to log thats your business. But there is others out there who like to share their coins with others for a couple reasons, they may like to build there coin numbers or just like to share something that they bought or traded.

I know Vargseld and seen most of his coins and he's seen a lot of mine, we actually go caching once in a while. That may be a new concept for some of you that just sit home at your computer ordering coins but its all about what floats your boat. ;)

If I paid money for the darn coin or traded for one out of my collection I can do what I want, bottom line.

That being said I will only let somebody log my Moun10Bike coin ONLY if they had seen AND held it. This is out of respect and request of Moun10Bike.

There are people out there that will NEVER get the chance to even see a coin in person let alone find one in a cache.

Also, the stats numbers DO NOT go to your final count, only certain caches do. If people want to share their coins let them and leave them alone about it.

Some people that I have shared mine with are more than happy to be a part of my coins history, which will last as long as this website does. I see nothing wrong with it. I sometimes will log a coin if asked by the owner to do so. And what's the difference between looking at mine then needing or having to look at somebodys else's (which will look the same) just to log it? I know what the freaking thing looks like by looking in my own collection.

Just my 2 cents on this issue that has been around and around and beat to death.

Some of you that are collecting coins and they just sit on your shelf for no one to log thats your business. But there is others out there who like to share their coins with others for a couple reasons, they may like to build there coin numbers or just like to share something that they bought or traded.

I know Vargseld and seen most of his coins and he's seen a lot of mine, we actually go caching once in a while. That may be a new concept for some of you that just sit home at your computer ordering coins but its all about what floats your boat. B)

;) You mean you actually get out into the real world and find caches! ;)

I had no idea that you could find treasure anywhere other than your own mailbox! :D

PSSTT! Going out the door now to go caching....so I can get the Cach-U-Nuts new coin! Don't tell anyone! http:www.cachunuts.com/coinquest/

I know Vargseld and seen most of his coins and he's seen a lot of mine, we actually go caching once in a while.  That may be a new concept for some of you that just sit home at your computer ordering coins but its all about what floats your boat.  B)

;) You mean you actually get out into the real world and find caches! ;)

I had no idea that you could find treasure anywhere other than your own mailbox! B)

PSSTT! Going out the door now to go caching....so I can get the Cach-U-Nuts new coin! Don't tell anyone! http:www.cachunuts.com/coinquest/

I have to drive to Austin to log one of my caches for that contest! :D