Emergency Medical Id Card

BomberJohn

Great idea. Just one thing to add when filling out this form. When entering the emergency contacts put how they are related.

Example: Jane Doe (Wife), John Doe Jr (Son), Jim Smith (Freind)

As a former EMS Paramedic knowing how the contact person is relayed to the injured / ill person can be very helpful.

Looks like I need to tweak my card! Thanks for the idea. Some many great ideas out in the GC community.

For the last week or two, Nerves and I (along with suggestions from other cachers), have put together an Emergency Medical ID card that we as geocachers should carry with us as we journey through the woods and back country. In the unfortunate case of an accident, you will have a way to express your personal and medical information to others.

The pdf document we've created can be filled in, printed out, cut out, and laminated. Just click on the line of information you want to fill in and type. When done, print it out.

Should be simple enough. Thanks to thoses who have helped with the creation.

BomberJohn

Thanks for putting the card together.

I think I'll put a link to the card on my profile page.

LOTS of folks never make it into these forums (me included) but hopefully

will catch the link on my profile page. How about an image and

some HTML to go with it so it could be quickly cut/ pasted to cache pages, profile pages or travel bug pages ? That would expand the visibility of the link to the card.

I think I'll put a link to the card on  my profile page.

LOTS of folks never make it into these forums (me included) but hopefully will catch the link on my profile page.  How about an image and some HTML to go with it so it could be quickly cut/ pasted to  cache pages, profile pages or travel bug pages ? That would expand the visibility of the link to the card.

Thanks for the good ideas. I'll have to wait for BomberJohn to do this since he's the techno savvy one. It may have to wait until he gets back from China.

Edited by Nerves
I made a link to the page on the geocaching livejournal community.

Would you like me to make it so that information can be filled out in the pdf, and then printed? I can do that :lol:

Sounds good to me but I've emailed BomberJohn and asked him to answer your question.

OK - here I go with a seemingly inane question...what is the web address for the geocaching livejournal community? :rolleyes:

thanks worked like a champ filled out just need to get a holder. does any one put something in the dash of their vehicle when they are out hinting????? some areas dont have cell coverage?

You're welcome. I hope you never has to use it :rolleyes: but just in case, it's there if you do need it. You can download two - laminate both and put one in your wallet and hang one around your neck or put it in your car?

I've seen "Geocacher at Work" cards that are put on dashboards. That's all they say though.

Maybe you could let someone know where you are and when you expect to return especially for those areas without cell phone coverage.