Watchlist For Cachers

kidbruce

:unsure: I think that it would be a cool thing to be able to watch cachers as well as caches. All of us have some amount of competitiveness in us or we wouldn't try so hard. I would love to know when certain cachers in my area are moving and what they are finding. I think a cacher notification as to when a cacher logs finds would be kind of fun.

I don't know, maybe you all have come up for reasons this is a bad idea already and I am just behind.

Just a thought...

kidbruce

Nice idea!

It would emphasize the social element in geocaching, which would be cool.

Allow geocachers to add each other on their friends lists (better than watch lists). Networks of cachers will emerge. Geodating (i.e. caching together) will become easier.

I'm already watching some cacher-friends, but I need to do this manually, which is quite a fuss.

... could be an idea that the one you want to watch has to put you on his own "people who watch me" list. So the one to be watched has all possibilities to add and remove the people he likes to watch him or not. To be added to the list the one wanting to watch has to get in touch with him :laughing:

For me this would be a way I would accept the watching of cachers (and myself).

You can already just do....

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.asp...vw&submit4=Find

I mean.. it doesn't get you an email, but is getting an email any more of a "stalk" than doing that? And if you had a watchlist or "bookmarked" person - they could implement a feature that says you're being "watched"

Anyway... seems silly to outright deny a feature when it's partially installed already for points which are moot.

So, why do you want to watch "lil old me / or him-her" !

I pop in and look at profiles of firends and family - mainly others I have introduced to the game, but also those I have met and just want to see how their caching has been going lately. Look at their stats, read a few of their logs, etc.

Edited by Semper Questio