Activating A Geocoin?

oldnavy59

Thank you worked like a champ, do all trackable coins work like this. Do you activate coins that you are going to keep? I could see the reason not to if you are going to trade. ;)

No. Some coins come with activation codes, like the compass rose coin. And others you have to go to geocoinclub.com and request an activation code. Then there are coins that are trackable, but not on gc.com.

That's why I asked what coin you were wanting to activate.

Can you unactivate a coin?

No

Caches can be adopted. I wonder if TB/Geocoins can be adopted.

That way a non-travelled coin could have ownership transferred to make the new recipient the owner. I have no idea what the demand for this might be...

Oh, I'm sure it CAN be done. I just don't think GS will DO it.

Can you unactivate a coin?

No

Caches can be adopted. I wonder if TB/Geocoins can be adopted.

That way a non-travelled coin could have ownership transferred to make the new recipient the owner. I have no idea what the demand for this might be...

Oh, I'm sure it CAN be done. I just don't think GS will DO it.

I know that gc.com can transfer the ownership of a geocoin, because I did it. A friend of mine did a trade for a New Jersey coin and the person that sent it had already activated it. :blink: However, they notified gc.com and they transferred the ownership of the coin to them. When I heard that, I had 3 coins that I activated right after my wife had been checking things. So I was signed in as her. So I emailed gc.com with the information from the coins and they transferred the ownership of the coins from my wife to me. Works great. And they did it real fast, too. action-smiley-035.gif