Burrying#2

Would attaching a rope to a cache and then lowerind it down a storm drain (with open top) be burrying?

Not unless you dug the hole for the storm drain yourself.

Annother, totally unrelated topic: Would hanging it 40 feet up in a tree be OK? There would be a rope to lower it down.

Even if there wasn't a rope to lower it down, this would still be OK.

I agree with the others (except The Leprechauns :blink: ) and say both these scenarios are okay. Only problem with the first is will it be damaged or compromised by any water going down the drain onto it or into it? Sounds like it might be a fun hide, just consider everything the cache will go through.

Good luck!

Its no different than a container with fishing line hooked to it inside or a tree. I have found many of those before.

OK, so big deal. So what if I just found my first micro hidden this way today and thought what a GREAT idea it was. Please also forget the fact that I live in Florida not 2 miles from the beach...fishing line, fishing, water everywhere...and nobody else has used this technique around there either. Ooooo....just wait till I get home. I love the fact that not only are cache areas interesting and different in every place I visit, but the hide ideas are unique to certain areas too!!! :)

Back OT, I don't see a problem with it at all. I recently started carrying rubber gloves for retrieving caches found in what some might consider a "yucky" area. Go for it!

GCG4W3 - A Grate Cache ... In a Woodland Kind of Way

WARNING: SPOILER !!!

Is an ammo box, hidden in a storm drain, under a grate you must lift/remove before retrieving the cache. The drain is in the center of cul-de-sac with 2-3 houses surrounding it. The hider lives in one of the houses.

The cache gets lots of positive comments. Many get to meet the Harry Meister himself.

Would attaching a rope to a cache and then lowerind it down a storm drain (with open top) be burrying? Annother, totally unrelated topic: Would hanging it 40 feet up in a tree be OK? There would be a rope to lower it down. <_<

I have seen both. It is not uncommon to find a cache in a drain pipe on bridges. I came across a cache some 15 feet up a tree the other day. We didn't get a find on that one because DVS was stung by a wasp and he nearly jumped down rather than investigate if he was near a nest! But the tree was not too hard to climb.

Heck, I have seen caches some 25-30 foot off the ground on a lightpole on a public corner in town. So it would seem that elevation is not the issue, whether you dug the hole with a tool would be the deciding factor.