Portrait Of A Geocacher

Buggyho is a former kite buggier. Actually that's what got me into Geocaching. I bought a GPS for a trip to Ivanpah Dry Lake(needed a speedometer and didn't want to get lost). Did some Caching in Nevada while I was there. 5 years later I have given up my buggy for Motorcycles. Anything from cross country trips to road racing to dirtbikes and even pitbike racing. My wife rides her own bike as well. Whenever we do road trips, I look for caches along the way.

I'm a 44 year old construction worker and Mrs. Buggyho is a beta tester. Kids are raised and it's time to play!! :P

Come back to buggying, you know you miss it <_< I actually went the other way around, gave up bikes for kites. Worse biking injury=fractured femur and torn artery requiring 14 hours of surgery and over 6 months of rehab. Worse kite buggying injury=slight ankle sprain.

I'm a 33 year old female comic book geek.  I'm single, no kids, two cats.  I think the people around this forum are hilarious.  I read a thread the other night that had me laughing so hard I was snorting and sqeeking.

"You're the kind of girl that fits in with my world; I'll give you anything everything if you want things."

I've always wanted to use that Syd Barrett quote. Thanks for the opportunity.

I would like some toast with peanut butter....and maybe some hot chocolate, it's a little cold here today.

Where to begin?? male, 50, divorced, avid outdoors person (geocaching, canoeing, camping, fishing, hiking), part time web programmer, full time flight simulator technician, sports nut

spend my time caching wherever I can and maintaining the local cachers website here in Calgary.

Several of my geocaching friends have already repliled to this thread, so I thought I'd add my bio. I am 65, married for 44 years to a very tolerant spouse, have 2 daughters, five grandchildren, and one recent great-grandson. All of the family geocache, in fact my two youngest grandchildren are now approaching 300 caches.

I am a retired meteorologist from the USAF. Now dispatch for an ambulance service 50 hours a week and work an additional 20 as an EMT and ambulance driver...the little remaining time is devoted to caching. I began caching in March 2003, and am now in sight of the 1000 plateau....almost all of them have been done with my Welch Springer Spaniel, Quoddy....he's the REAL Quoddy.

I am 23 years old, no girlfriend, I live in Spain altought I learned some english thanks to some TV comedies and i use to read english documentation at work. I don't have any english certidicate so I usually causing misunderstandings at the Groundspeak forums.

I like buying gadgeds, jogging, Hiking, computer programming, cinema, going outdoors and dogs. I don't smoke and I don't like alcoholic drinks.

I sometimes cache alone (40%) because I always make the mistake of exhaust my friends that came with me for caching.

In all seriousness, I don't think there really is an average geocacher.  In my parts they really fill the whole demographic from high school freshmen to cantankerous old geezers.  And that's what I like best about it.

I agree. Because we are probably not at all the "picture of a cacher". We have been together 10 years, my significant other teaches Bible Study and is a deacon at our church, we are couch potatoes when we are not caching, and except for caching I am not a big fan of the "outdoors". I actually loved air conditionoing and running water but caching takes me out of my element. We love God, the great State of Texas, our dogs, our families, and the Amazing Race. She loves the Cowboys and Sci-fi. I love scrapbooking and shopping. ;)

Let's see:

I'm a 35 year old Realtor, with a 10 year old step daughter who is good at finding micros, and a 21 month old who isn't (but has gone on a few hunts wth me).

Before the new fmily, I spent way too much time playing online computer games (Ultima Online, to be specific) but quit so I could spend more time with my family and career.

Got into geocaching after reading some posts on the kayaking site paddling.net.

Now I'm hiking 3 miles a day for exercise (found a really great hike in a local park thanks to going after two geocaches on the trail) and geocaching as much as I can.

Oh, and who was it that said they were great at Halo2? I'm not too bad <_< We ought to have a Geocaching.com Halo2 night :ph34r:

Oh, and who was it that said they were great at Halo2?

Just a brief OT:

I can totally whup ANYONE at Halo, OR Halo2. I won't have a BB connection at home for a couple more months. Stilllll remodeling and mostly livin' at my Girlfriend's place.

BTW- Jeremy plays too. I've been lookin' foreword to takin' him on. There's a thread somewhere about it and it gives his Halo2 username. All I remember about it was a reference to meat which would be fitting after meeting me in the game. <_<

Back on topic:

When I was little, I used to worry whether or not that little light, in the refrigerator, stayed on or not.

I know 2 people who really think that they have been abducted by UFOs. I'm related to one of them.

I'm pretty sure that cannabalism doesn't run in my family.

I got picked up (not arrested) by the cops for driving without a license when I was 13.

When I was 6, my dad explained, in great detail, how the outside of a record is really moving faster than the inner (label) portion to me. I didn't sleep for 2 days.

Edited by Snoogans