Have You Ever Been Caught By Muggles?

We almost were yesterday! B)

Shep & I managed to locate The Blorenges' Famous Men Cache, & normally I put Shep on sentry duty whilst I rummage through the box & sign the log. But Shep was so pleased at finding the cache contained an old British £1 note (he collects old notes) he totally failed in his duties. A muggle walking his 4 Whipets was almost on top of us (luckily there was a hedge obscuring us) before Shep raised the alarm, so I quickly shoved the cache behind me & threw myself down on the floor & pretended to be sunbathing!

I was wearing a thick jacket & a hat at the time it must have looked a bit odd, B) but he passed without saying anything & didnt seem to realise that we were up to anything unusual, thats the closest weve come in a long time!. Shep has since been demoted, & Tess Dog has taken his place.The problem is, is that shes deaf...I think I need to sack the pair of them! B)

Has anyone elce nearly been caught?

Seren.

Got caught off guard a couple of weeks ago. Caching on a hilltop above Huddersfield, found cache and sat next to a drystone wall to escape the bitterly cold wind whilst filling in the logbook. Stood up and was startled to find a metal-detecting muggle right the other side of the wall!

Had to take the cache with me as he wasn't going anywhere. An hour later he was still in the field, but was so engrossed in his task that I managed to replace the cache without being noticed.

The problem with me is that I'm deaf myself, hence I had to keep looking out for muggles while looking for cahces...hence i may look a bit odd to the muggles!! B) (rest assured, i make sure they all disappear before i get the caches!!) So give Tess Dog a chance to sign to you rather than woof at you, seren!! B)

Recently accosted by talkative dog-walking muggles at "Eel Island".  Container was in full view on the ground but Mrs N (who is not geocaching's biggest fan) in a moment of inspiration stepped over it covering it with her long dress.  She certainly earned her cream tea that day!

If you look carefully you can just make out Mr Nibbler writing up the logbook!

a9ab0a6f-5f95-4694-8526-72588957cf5c.jpg

"It's OK dear, -they've gone now!"