Google Cache Archived?

TeamZebra

OK am I just blind or did it disappear? There used to be a locationless cache for special event search pages on Google.. like the ones with hearts for the O's in Google for Valentine's day, or the Father's day one with the dad in the hammock. You had to post your log on the day of the special search page logo and include the soecial logo in your log. I can't find it anymore. Anybody seen it, am I looking in the wrong place or has it gone away?

has it gone away?

God I hope so. I don't see how on Earth that even remotely has anything to do with geocaching :unsure:

Geeze! Just because you don't like it, it certainly doesn't invalidate it for someone else. You probably could find out ( or already know :ph34r: )and help a brother out but nooooo. :blink::laughing:

Zebra dude, Check out Waymarking.com. That would be my helpful guess. :ph34r:

55dd40be-0192-4cd7-a5d4-b5bc4ab63917.jpg

Edited by Snoogans
OK am I just blind or did it disappear?  There used to be a locationless cache for special event search pages on Google.. like the ones with hearts for the O's in Google for Valentine's day, or the Father's day one with the dad in the hammock.  You had to post your log on the day of the special search page logo and include the soecial logo in your log.  I can't find it anymore.  Anybody seen it, am I looking in the wrong place or has it gone away?

Is this a cache that was listed here as a locationless? If so and based on what you describe, my guess is that is has gone away because it doesn't sound anything like Waymarking or geocaching. It sounds like "playing on the internet" for smileys...but maybe I'm missing something.

If it was listed here at one time and has been archived, I Sometimes try to remember a user who has logged it before and then look at their user stats in their profile to find the link to it.

has it gone away?

God I hope so. I don't see how on Earth that even remotely has anything to do with geocaching <_<

Going to have to agree (unless I'm missign something).

How does finding a search page and taking a screenshot have anything to do with caching?

I understand it's on the other site, but it's still a valid question?

Willing to change my position if somebody can enlighten me; but I don't get it either.

How does finding a search page and taking a screenshot have anything to do with caching?

Willing to change my position if somebody can enlighten me; but I don't get it either.

Judging from the cache's quality (MCE) score as rated by the TC community, many others agree that it is not a proper locationless. The cache is currently rated a meagre 3.5 out of 10. If it continues to drop in quality rating (by accruing more negative ratings), it will be automatically archived by the TC.com system.

Judging from the cache's quality (MCE) score as rated by the TC community, many others agree that it is not a proper locationless. The cache is currently rated a meagre 3.5 out of 10. If it continues to drop in quality rating (by accruing more negative ratings), it will be automatically archived by the TC.com system.

You mean there's a way to rate caches on another site? Hmm..how on earth can people rate caches and then other people could use that information to select which caches they'd like to seek??...interesting concept!

You mean there's a way to rate caches on another site? Hmm..how on earth can people rate caches and then other people could use that information to select which caches they'd like to seek??...interesting concept!

I like that site, but they condone rating caches based on your OPINION of how the cache page looks. <_< Yeah AS IF that's fair or even useful. (unless you're a cheater and you want to drive down your opponent's score.)

Guess why they won't be getting ANY more of my money toward membership? I'll still use the site. It's actually quite good. I might buy TC products, but I won't continue membership.

Edited by Snoogans

I wouldn't expect to ever see a rating system that would lead to auto-archiving of a listing on this site. Seems like a great way to create geo-litter. In this case it is locationless so it is a non-issue, but for physical caches it seems rather irresponsible.

I wouldn't expect to ever see a rating system that would lead to auto-archiving of a listing on this site. Seems like a great way to create geo-litter. In this case it is locationless so it is a non-issue, but for physical caches it seems rather irresponsible.

Any system, automatic or manual, that doesn't somehow confirm the remains of a cache is removed leaves open the potential for geolitter.