Virtual Caches

browni

I am just sitting here at the computer looking at the rain coming down so I will not be going out cacheing, (although did one this morning). I have come across a couple of caches that can be done from home, Four Windows and Anglamarken. so I was wondering if people could come up with any more that can be done during the darker days of winter.

I am just sitting here at the computer looking at the rain coming down so I will not be going out cacheing, (although did one this morning). I have come across a couple of caches that can be done from home, Four Windows and Anglamarken. so I was wondering if people could come up with any more that can be done during the darker days of winter.

Blimey, Four Windows feels like cheating. It's no wonder some people are keen to see virtuals go to Waymarking. How did that ever get approved?!?!

It isn't exactly a virtual. It is an armchair cache. Germans like this sort of thing. I have deliberatly never done any armchair caches until now. If TPTB are going to deliberatly reduce the variety of cache types for dogmatic reasons, I am going to compromise my dogmatic aversion to armchair caches . Of course not all armchairs are listed as virtuals.

It can be fun moving Virtual Travel Bugs from Virtual Cache to Virtual Cache. We've only found two, but had great fun moving them half-way round the world from the comfort of home.

If you look at the Travel Bug history of my virtual cache "Face it, you're stumped", you'll find at least 14 virtual travel bugs which were left there in one session. There was a big fight to retrieve them between me and two other cachers, lol.

Thanks found both of them through your profiles, "Where in the world" is actually "What in the World Cache?" so that may explain why i couldn't find it at first. My small bookmark list is slowly growing and now has 11 caches in it. I'm always on the lookout for more, despite the fact I haven't completed all of the others yet. this makes it an easy place for people to locate them.

You can also take a look at my short Armchair Cache Bookmark List. Anyone that knows of others that I can add, can they send me an email with the link please?

Bearing in mind that already today two people have failed miserably with my puzzle cache Resistance is Futile maybe you should take it off your list of armchair caches.

Armchair cache, it isn't. Puzzle it is.

To quote Leoness from her log "I loved this one... sneaky, cunning, clever and definitely not obvious at all!"

Have fun.

-

Edited by SlytherinAlex
Thanks found both of them through your profiles, "Where in the world" is actually "What in the World Cache?" so that may explain why i couldn't find it at first.

Sorry HH (and others) - My mistake. Oben was a piece of pi cake to find though, eh? Oh, and it's Radio K.A.O.S. I think, not KAOS. Sorry to anyone struggling to find that one too.

Armchair caching, like Virtual TB-ing, always feels a bit like cheating to me, but long ago I decided if it's listed by GC.com as a cache, it's a cache and finding them online (especially with the wrong name! :huh:) can be as hard as finding a lame drive-by trad or virtual.

SP

Armchair caching, like Virtual TB-ing, always feels a bit like cheating to me, but long ago I decided if it's listed by GC.com as a cache, it's a cache and finding them online (especially with the wrong name! :lol:) can be as hard as finding a lame drive-by trad or virtual.

Seconded! :lol:

(Especially as I haven't been able to get out to do any "proper" caches since late July :lol: ...and I need at least 1 to enter COTM :D )

head Oben and Where in the World

These haven't turned up good results for me, do you have the waymark code for them Paul?

You can also take a look at my short Armchair Cache Bookmark List. Anyone that knows of others that I can add, can they send me an email with the link please?

Thanks for the link to your armchair list HH..........I am useless at stargazing BUT last night we went out to try and spot the satelitte one and WOWWWWWWW what a clear night .......we saw it go over head and it was soooo BRIGHT !!!

THANKS AGAIN

NES and LAYLA xxxx

It talks about needing a Netscape Browser above 4 and gives a link to 7. 4 was the last decent version of Netscape and I have no intention of installing yet another browser just for an armchair cache. If it don't work with N4, Firefox or IE6 then I guess I won't be scoring it.

I think its browser version checking isn't working correctly. It thinks you are using Netscape 4 which is not supported (it shows this message when using Firefox and Netscape 8).

Using IE6 it gets past the version checking but the page fails to load (for me behind a strict firewall at the moment).

There is also a link for NT users to try.

It talks about needing a Netscape Browser above 4 and gives a link to 7. 4 was the last decent version of Netscape and I have no intention of installing yet another browser just for an armchair cache. If it don't work with N4, Firefox or IE6 then I guess I won't be scoring it.

You must have just got it working :D