New Cache

findandhide

I plan on planting a cache soon. i was wondering when i plant it say its a tradital cache. but later i want to make the same cache harder, can i change it to a multi-stage and add the pill containers someplace else to lead to it.

so in simple words can i later change it from a traditonal cache to a multi-stage one?

thanks for the help <_<

so in simple words can i later change it from a traditonal cache to a multi-stage one?

No. (How's that?)

In somewhat more words, just plan ahead. If you think you want to place a multicache in an area, create it to start with. Or place your traditional cache now and find somewhere else for your multi. Changing a cache from a traditional to a multi (or vis versa) is significant enough that the older one needs to be archived and a new one submitted.

Yes you can...if you hide a traditional cache and want to change it to a multi-cache, then contact the approver and supply them with the cache name and the waypoint code and they will change it! BE SURE that if it is being changed to a multi-cache that you supply them with the waypoints of all the stages.

Edited by Super_Nate
Yes you can...if you hide a traditional cache and want to change it to a multi-cache, then contact the approver and supply them with the cache name and the waypoint code and they will change it! BE SURE that if it is being changed to a multi-cache that you supply them with the waypoints of all the stages.

Hmmm, not sure about that. I get this request at least once a week in my review territory. As stated in other posts, unless there are special circumstances I advise archiving the old version and submitting a new cache of the different type.

I once hid a cache and by mistake it got approved as a Letterbox...I contacted the approver and it was changed to a traditional!

An example from another person was it got approved as a Traditional, and two weeks later it was changed to a Puzzle. Did the traditional get archived and Puzzle new? No, 'cause a new cache never came up on my nearest cache page and the supposed archived cache never came up on the users stats.

Fixing mistakes is a little different. If you make a mistake on your submission and it gets listed, by all means contact the reviewer listed at the bottom of the page to see what needs to be done to fix it.

As far as adding steps to an existing multi, I really advise against that. We're all suppose to provide all of the steps ahead of time so they can be checked out. You don't want them in off-limits spots, too close to existing caches, in parks that require permits (if you haven't gotten one yet), that sort of thing.

If you expand a multicache or move the location of a puzzle cache container or whatever and there's an issue later, I imagine the problems will be greater if it turns out you forgot to let your reviewer know about the changes. It might look like you were trying to pull a fast one or something...

Ron/yumitori

Hmmm, not sure about that. I get this request at least once a week in my review territory. As stated in other posts, unless there are special circumstances I advise archiving the old version and submitting a new cache of the different type.

I agree. Once changed this is a new cache experience worthy of a new hide.

I plan on planting a cache soon. i was wondering when i plant it say its a tradital cache. but later i want to make the same cache harder, can i change it to a multi-stage and add the pill containers someplace else to lead to it.

thanks for the help :lol:

You can make a traditional, then later make a puzzle cache that requires you to find the first cache to recieve coordinates to the cache.

I'm working on that for my new cache.