"retirement Card" Cache "finds" Of Archived Caches

iBrew

I've seen several of these posted lately. A bunch of them just came through to my email because the archived caches are still on my watch list. It seems as though people are posting finds for caches that have been archived for some time and saying that the cache owner has approved this find through it's "retirement card"? Just wondering what is a "retirement card" and how they work?

Like these:

INDY 500

I Like Mushrooms On My Pizza!

Clementine

Edited by iBrew
Don't know if it makes a difference, but all three caches have the same owner and in every case the cache was still in place on the date of the log.  All were removed later.

I only listed 3 of 10-15 different caches that I have on my watchlist that I've gotten emails with this type of find posted. They just started to trickle into my email within the last 2 or 3 days.

Edited by iBrew

If I understand this correctly, a bunch of people get together to talk about Caches. Then people who never even saw the Caches when they were alive, log them as finds after they died (because they talked about them). But they back date the log entry to before they died.

Unbelievable. And it's still going on.

If I'm missing something here, please enlighten me.

My find numbers are low, but at least I earned them.

Yea, I'm seeing more and more of this. All the archived caches in my area that are still on my watch list have start getting a lot of activity lately. I get 20 or more emails in a row saying that a particular user has "found" these caches that have been archived for sometimes over a year already! They're all back-dated and I just LOVE the synchronic nature of the posts that go along with them. Makes for some GREAT reading. Every log for every cache is the same! "Cut & paste, cut & paste, hey isn't this geocaching great fun and I don't even have to leave the comfort of my owne home!" Cut & paste, cut & paste, "Look I just found 30 more, cut & paste, cut & paste" :laughing:

I don't get it either, seems to me that logging these pseudo finds would just detract from the real finds a true GeoCacher has.

But, if it's fun for them, then who am I to say it's wrong. They can play the game however they want to. :unsure:

Yeah, I'll admit it sounds weird, but maybe there's more going on than we know about.

I was going to say hold off until somebody doing this chimes in - but nobody needs to justify thier actions to us.

Now if something weird was happening to one of MY caches......that's another story.

Yeah, I'll admit it sounds weird, but maybe there's more going on than we know about.

I was going to say hold off until somebody doing this chimes in - but nobody needs to justify thier actions to us.

Now if something weird was happening to one of MY caches......that's another story.

That's the beauty of this system.

"Everyone plays their own game. There is no sense in trying to police another's mindset as long as it falls within the general parameters of the game." Me (quoting myself from the poll that I posted on 10/23/03.)