I'm Not Mad...

...but I am bummed/disappointed. Okay I guess this is a swag/trade equally complaint...I traveled very far to leave a state geocoin (uncirc) in the cache of another country. I did it for the fun/novelty of it. Here's what happened to it...

Great cache. Had to look around a bit. Thanks for the bug spray recommendation. Took geo coin. Left keychain flashlight.

I sure hope its a nice key chain flashlight...

Okay, I'm done (with complaining), probably not even justified...

DC

I'm disappointed as well. I put out a my first five caches all together. Two have been pretty much emptied of contents.

Here's what happend with one...

This was a nice hide for this cache. Took wristband, caculator, $1.45, and keyring, left T.B. Howard the Pot Turtle, golfball, and X-mas decoration.

Next person...

Took the Howard TB, left nothing. TFTC!!!

I also had more stuff to start with, but no one logged taking them. So now all thats left is a golf ball, bouncy ball, and a christams ornament. I always see people take stuff when they leave TBs but dont leave anything when they take TB's. What makes me more disappointed is that most of the people visiting the caches are responsible adults, people you would think would be fair and would follow the rules, but still they don't trade up or even.

...but I am bummed/disappointed. Okay I guess this is a swag/trade equally complaint...I traveled very far to leave a state geocoin (uncirc)  in the cache of another country. I did it for the fun/novelty of it. Here's what happened to it...

Great cache. Had to look around a bit. Thanks for the bug spray recommendation. Took geo coin. Left keychain flashlight.

I sure hope its a nice key chain flashlight...

Okay, I'm done (with complaining), probably not even justified...

DC

I see from your account these aren't set up to be coins that are tracked on gc.com. If I came across one in a cache I probably would think they were trackable and wouldn't trade for it. Or I might not really know the worth to trade properly.

You might want to consider adding some sort of card explaining what they are.

Edit: If you haven't already.

Edited by BlueDeuce
Next person...

Took the Howard TB, left nothing. TFTC!!!

I'm guilty of this one all the time. But, unless I'm missing something here, isn't the point of a travel bug to TRAVEL?

I never assumed that a TB was a trade item, more like a hitchhiker waiting for the next available ride. I ALWAYS try to move TBs closer to their goals.

Is this wrong?

No I don't think there is a problem with taking a TB and leaving nothing, but if you do that you shouldn't take anything for leaving a TB.

Someone takes stuff and leaves TB, no one leaves anything when they take that TB and the net result is something taken, nothing left. That's what i have a problem with.

You can't.

Unless it's trackable on gc.com in which case it will say so (except for the Moun10bike coin). Coins (like the MD coin) that are trackable on gc.com are supposed to say just that:

Trackable on geocaching.com

edit: there may be other exceptions, though none i can think of. :wacko:

Edited by robert

Just to clarify, this TB confusion...

Coins can be set up as TBs, yes. This one was not. There are a couple of ways you might be able to tell that the coin is not activated as a TB yet. One is the log I posted.

Hiked it from the AFB main gate with Ray of Ray&Rose. Coords are right on. I took a little knife and a BSA patch. I left a CAC patch and an uncirculated WA state geocoin.

Another way is that the coin may still be in it's plastic bag, with the activation code and instructions on it.

Taking TBs without leaving something is perfectly acceptable. From my understanding of the "rules" there is no need to trade out TBs, just keep them moving toward their goals...

I am also not as disappointed as I was. Maybe it was the guy's/gal's first geocoin they've found. I hope I made their day! Either way, water under the bridge...

DC

We had a dollar bill origami cache here it Tucson....had. It was a puzzle so it should have been a little harder to find but when we got to the location it was in a very busy walking park. We left some cool folds and swapped them dollar for dollar with unfolded to restock it. Someone came along and stole the whole thing. Bugger. It happens.