Gps Body Mount

I was looking for info on something like this and turns out that RAM Mounts has it as their weekly product feature.

I think reception would probably suffer if you strapped a GPS on this thing, as you dropped your wrist up and down looking for the cache , but a PDA looks like a great idea..

I'd feel like a cyborg..

COOL!!!

rambmla1iu2small.jpg

actually...

I was looking at making an arm mount for my etrex's similar to that for hunting...

alot of the times hunting I use my gpsr quite often, especially heading to a known point using a path I'm unfamiliar with, and digging the gpsr out of my pocket every few minutes gets old fast... an arm band mounted gpsr would be quite a convience in alot of situations I can think of, especially for hunting where your more than likely going to end up needing both arms free in a hurry...

I think I'll stick with my current belt-pouch setup.

The wrist thingy looks cool, but too much chance of damage to the unit as you poke around in the bushes looking for the cache.

The chest-mount thingy also looks cool, but too many straps involved. Especially if you are carrying a back pack or Camelback. A rest stop would become a tangled ordeal.

I am, however, anxiously awaiting the 'voice activated display visor' to be developed! :)

The chest-mount thingy also looks cool, but too many straps involved. Especially if you are carrying a back pack or Camelback. A rest stop would become a tangled ordeal.

I use mine often with a backpack and the bino-sytem for binoculars. It's not as bad as one would think. Timing consuming yes, but worth it. The the GPS and the binoculars mount securely to my body. No more bouncing around and smashing into things when I lean over.