Resurrection Of Grandmaster Cache

Hi all,

First, I apologize that all my caches went by the wayside. I had some good ones out there, and they basically "ran their course." :blink: There's this nasty little disease called multiple sclerosis that reared its nasty head and decided to take a bite into me! Well, I've sort of had to deal with that and it's presented some "obstacles" in life. So basically I've not been able to enjoy this in quite some time, but I'm going to try to get back into the saddle and hopefully not much has changed. I used to download everything into my handheld and that was cool... but my membership went bye-bye and so I'm going to go the old "antique" route and use some printouts and do the homework like I first did... I forget how I did all the syncing stuff, but I'll go down to the techie section and see what new software there is if I can get back into this...

Anyway, it's cool to see this place again - I did sign in briefly last October, but I wasn't able to do any caches and was kind of uncomfortable about blabbing why I was gone... But whatever... crap happens and I know that a lot worse has happened to a lot more people since I've been around here. I used to go do some all-night caching (my favorites!!) and lots of those were trails! It might take a bit longer, but it would be fun to do that again!!

Well, I just logged in, and figured I'd post while I still had the guts! It's not that I get so embarassed or anything, it's just that sometimes people think life totally changes when there's a little hiccup. I've been on total disability since the nasty attack, of course the wife left.... but she was never really into caching anyway!!! hahahaha... But my little guy will be 5 in October (anyone remember the infamous Mr. Binks Baby Buggy tracks in the muddy trails??? that was me and him!!) and while the going is good I'm going to make a run for it and try and get back into this sport... So like the title says, hopefully I'll post a few more with the RESURRECTION OF GRANDMASTER CACHE, and I thought I might be in debt to a few folks who have watched my caches, and to those who've wondered what the heck the status was on them... and if my name pops up here and there I just don't want to get bashed... I kinda sorta had an excuse. :huh: Hopefully I'm welcomed back into the fold! :o

Welcome back, GMC. I know it's no consolation, and I know you're not looking for sympathy, but trust me when I tell you you are not te only one "caching through the pain", as it were. Almost immediately after I discovered Geocaching, I was diagnosed with a rare degenerative disease as well that keeps me in pain 24x7. Rare is the occasion where I can muster up the energy to get out and go looking. Mostly, nowadays, I live vicariously through the logs of others :blink:

Keep the spirit up and enjoy those rare opportunities when they do come along.

Well I can sure feel for ya three years ago I became Ill and went through some rough chemotherapy treatments It was pure hell I ended up losing Everything! except my spirit, but I did gain a greater appreciation of the smaller things in life.

But anyhoo. Welcome back and I truly wish you many great days.

And same to you ParrotRob

Our stepdaughter went to work one day and had a wierd feeling in her arm and hand. Drove herself to the hospital. Two years later (and lots of diagnosis's along the way) she ended up having a heart transplant. We totally understand life throwing you a curve every now and then! No one should bash you in ANY way! It's totally great that you're back and able to think about recreational things instead of medical things! Have FUN! You've earned it!

Welcome back GMC! Im new to this and it is great to see such a strong drive to keep it going! Im sure you will be back to the old you soon enough. Just keep the shiney side up! Thanks for being strong and not giving up on such a great sport! :blink:

Edited by newmonster

Thanks, all!

I posted in the software area, and I got a great link - I'm going to do the cache program for my palm, re-register, and be good to go. Thanks for the kind words. Believe me, I know I'm hardly the "toughest case" cacher out there. I just consider to have had a bit of a setback that might keep some of the tougher caches "at bay" some of the time. :lol: But I'm looking forward to placing some nice caches with some cool goodies again. That was fun. What was the funnest was when I did a "fake" lottery ticket and totally got Markie and Joanie who "thought" they won $10,000! :rolleyes::):D (I'm not a total jerk, we took 'em out for pizza for being such good sports! :D )

Anyway, nice to see some old names, some new names - and the same great game. I'll do my best to up some caches in the old-school style! ;) Howdy back, and kudos to those who have it so much worse that still have a go at it. I still have some old caches that never got placed, so all I need to do is have a good day and go drop 'em! :lol:

Thanks, all!

I posted in the software area, and I got a great link - I'm going to do the cache program for my palm, re-register, and be good to go.  Thanks for the kind words.  Believe me, I know I'm hardly the "toughest case" cacher out there.  I just consider to have had a bit of a setback that might keep some of the tougher caches "at bay" some of the time. :lol:  But I'm looking forward to placing some nice caches with some cool goodies again.  That was fun.  What was the funnest was when I did a "fake" lottery ticket and totally got Markie and Joanie who "thought" they won $10,000! :rolleyes::):D    (I'm not a total jerk, we took 'em out for pizza for being such good sports! :lol: )

Hey Monte, glad to see you posting again. That fake lottery ticket was a riot. I had never seen a fake one before so we were totally fooled. If you recall, I think I offered to split the winnings with you. ;) The pizza was good though! :D

If you are back in the Bay Area, be sure to check out the new Geocachers of the Bay Area web site.

--Marky

It's true that a lot of cachers are 30+ outdoors guys in full health, but as you know, we can all do this sport at whatever level. One of our recent discussions was racial, because someone wanted a different "diversity" than seems apparent. But there are few requirements and we come and go as we are able. Glad to see you back.